What's new

Jubilee! (1 Viewer)

WillardK

Second Unit
What a great disc. It looks wonderful and even sounds better than I expected with the bass nicely enhanced during the songs. And the film... so many ideas in this (with more than one approachable angle to view it from). Imperfect (in good and bad ways I suppose), but seems oddly improved with age. Even if from an arch distance (as it's critics would say) it captures the self-aware implosive irony that was 70's punk while uncannily or not predicting 90's punk among other things. Too many quotable lines... and that beautiful 8mm dance segment. Please Criterion, give us Last of England!

Fans of the film should definitely read the Tilda Swinton essay posted at the Criterion site.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
I can't *quite* share your enthusiasm for the film itself, but Criterion's disc is second to none.

Should such a prospect strike anyone as particularly interesting or amusing, I have reviewed the disc here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks