What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Klipsch has announced a new flagship loudspeaker from the Heritage series in honor of the company’s 75th jubilee celebration, and known as the Klipsch Jubilee. A pair of the huge floor-standers will set you back $35,000 and are available from certified Klipsch Heritage dealers. The company says this is the only speaker in its 75-year history to surpass the signature Klipschorn at the top of the Heritage series.
The Jubilee is a fully horn-loaded two-way loudspeaker designed to deliver “the ultimate listening experience”. It incorporates several technologies to support that claim, including a patented, horn-loaded, vented, low frequency enclosure for better dynamics and clean bass from dual 12-inch woofers and three 4-inch ports. A new, horn-loaded, compression driver with 7-inch axiperiodic titanium diaphragm provides a wide bandwidth for clarity and accuracy...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There's something profoundly awesome about the oldest speaker design in history being modernized with an active crossover, powered configuration. Fans of insane SPLs should be very happy. 👍

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Who pays 35K for two speakers!!! Lol
The Focal Grande Utopia is about $300K a pair and the limited edition flagship speaker Wilson Audio made a few years back, which could only be auditioned in (the late) David Wilson's house, was almost $700K a pair. I have no doubt that Klipsch will have no problem selling a suitable number these.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
There's something profoundly awesome about the oldest speaker design in history being modernized with an active crossover, powered configuration. Fans of insane SPLs should be very happy. 👍

Remember this day, fellow HTF members. It is the day @JohnRice had kind words for a Klipsch product announcement. You will likely not experience it again in your lifetime. :lol:

1654200130876.png

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Remember this day, fellow HTF members. It is the day @JohnRice had kind words for a Klipsch product announcement. You will likely not experience it again in your lifetime. :lol:

View attachment 140578
Eau contraire. In fact, the main speakers I had prior to my Thiels were in fact... wait for it... Klipsch. What are now part of the Heritage line, the original Forté. They were quite good. Nothing like the Thiels, but still.

:rock:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Eau contraire. In fact, the main speakers I had prior to my Thiels were in fact... wait for it... Klipsch. What are now part of the Heritage line, the original Forté. They were quite good. Nothing like the Thiels, but still.

:rock:
I think I remember you mentioning that at some point but you had to anticipate this response nonetheless. :D

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Who pays 35K for two speakers!!! Lol

A surprising number of people.

True enough it seems.

The audiophile from whom I bought an old pair of Thiel CS 5i probably paid at least that much (adjusted for inflation) for that pair -- it was ~$10K back in the mid/late-90's, which wasn't really that high anymore for a flagship model from such boutique audiophile makers. He upgraded to a (used?) set of Genesis 2-something IIRC that probably costs ~$100K-plus now, if new -- I said set because they're actually 4 large towers w/ 1 pair dedicated to woofers for bass and the other pair to (ribbon?) tweeters and midrange drivers...

_Man_

pinknik

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
True enough it seems.

The audiophile from whom I bought an old pair of Thiel CS 5i probably paid at least that much (adjusted for inflation) for that pair -- it was ~$10K back in the mid/late-90's, which wasn't really that high anymore for a flagship model from such boutique audiophile makers. He upgraded to a (used?) set of Genesis 2-something IIRC that probably costs ~$100K-plus now, if new -- I said set because they're actually 4 large towers w/ 1 pair dedicated to woofers for bass and the other pair to (ribbon?) tweeters and midrange drivers...

_Man_

Nice. I have Thiel CS 1.5 speakers.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

View attachment 140578

I worked for P.C. Richard and Sons for a short time about ten years ago and they had Klipsch speakers set up around a TV and I thought they sounded terrible. When I retired recently, I hired Hive to install my Home Theater and Living rooms audio and video. They recommended in-wall Klipsch speakers. I took a chance and both rooms sound fantastic! Of course the speakers did not cost $35,000, (both rooms were $24,000).

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I worked for P.C. Richard and Sons for a short time about ten years ago and they had Klipsch speakers set up around a TV and I thought they sounded terrible. When I retired recently, I hired Hive to install my Home Theater and Living rooms audio and video. They recommended in-wall Klipsch speakers. I took a chance and both rooms sound fantastic! Of course the speakers did not cost $35,000, (both rooms were $24,000).
To this day I still maintain the Klipsch RP 280's I had were an excellent value for the price. There are better sounding speakers in that price range but I wasn't aware of that at the time. Ultimately I found the horn-loaded tweeters a bit harsh at higher volumes.

I believe Klipsch has become what they needed to in order to survive, a company with many products that appeal to the main stream but not so much the discerning audiophile. It's nice to know they still do offer some great quality offerings, albeit at much higher price points. The lesson I learned on my speaker journey is you're better off paying for a high end, quality set of speakers once instead of going through several inferior [yet cheaper] sets over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks