What's new

Joseph Campbell: Mythos - Authorized 14-hour version coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The Wellspring edition is unauthorized and has 4 hours missing and has been re-edited from Campbell's 14-hour version.

Here's a post from the Joseph Campbell Foundation

Recent updates seem unavailable.

Mystic Fire Video released a superb edition of The Power of Myth and it would be great if the same could be done with Mythos.

All Campbell material is a must for Star Wars fans.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
From Bob Walter, President of the Joseph Campbell Foundation:

Hopefully, we'll see a boxed set by the end of the year.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Mythos (both the book and TV series) is Campbell's masterpiece. It covers the history of the World's collective mythologies (or Mono-Myth, if you will) of many cultures, including their beliefs and rituals through the Ages, but also integrates the major 'current' religions, Western Philosophies and Western Psychology and how they relate to Mythology. It is a truly great piece of work by a remarkable man.

The previous Wellspring DVD set was drastically abridged and ran out of order. A new, definitive set is badlt needed. Let's hope that we see it soon.

Great to see that there are other 'Bliss Followers' here!

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I would love to own this as I watched the Power of Myths for a class one time.

I can easily see this being a big seller in the education system. In fact, I can see Mrs. Krabappel and Miss Hoover buying it and showing it to their classes in place of teaching. :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Isn't this just camcorder footage of his lectures? Update: I read the article, and yep.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks