What's new

John Doe 10/18/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe we finally get either a big red herring, or John Doe is getting a bit closer to the truth of his origins.

It appears that underneath his chest scar/symbol is a metal device that caused a MRI machine to mal-function (as a test to see if John was from the future - hee hee). John is now having blackouts (my guess it is from his device getting zapped by the MRI e-mag) which give him glimpses of a past life, but nothing concrete.

He may have tracked down his real father (who supposedly died in a car explostion) and his real mother, who was found buried in a container that was discovered while construction crew was prepping an area which could have been the home of his father's.

You have to also think that the device in John's chest has to help him get all the facts at his disposal in a split second, like the ultimate PDA, only implanted with a direct link to his brain. It could also help him make logical deductions given certain amounts of data to help him solve problems.

Horseshoe Island may be the place where John was "created". If he were given up for adoption, a secret agency needed "human material" for their projects could have gotten John as an adoptee.

I also have to think that Digger might have a bigger role later down the line, he might be a mole that's keeping tabs on John Doe. I just can't see casting William Forsythe in the role of Digger just so he can collect a paycheck for serving drinks and relaying stories about his ex-wife.

DwightK

Second Unit
Funny how there is little talk around here on this show compared to Firefly. Even with my STRONG SciFi bias I am liking John Doe more... mayhaps that bias is why, actually. I hope both of these shows stick it out. The only other new show of the year that I decided to watch was the first to get nixed, Push.

The preview for next weeks JD looks interesting to say the least.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It has started off strong, and has kept going. The only question is, how long can they keep up the mystery without it becoming completely silly.

What I liked about this episode is all the "maybes". We don't know if any or all of the information in this episode is a Red Herring or not.

Jason

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
A very interesting episode. However surely there is enough genetic material around, to test if either the woman was his mother, or the guy was his father (I don't just mean at the crash scene either).

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
JOhn Doe is like a Mental MacGuyver.
great show!
i missed the very first one, however...if anyone has it and can hook me up, that would be awesome.
anyway, this was a great episode. I think it actually is a big red herring because it uncovered too much in one episode...but maybe that's just me w/my Lone Gunman type brain working. :)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking the same thing, Patrick, last night when I attempted to start a thread on this week's show.

However, I went a bit to the side of that idea about the PDA; I thought it a device that allows him to tune into the collective conscious of people in the world, that's why he has access to so many cryptic knowledges. The reason that he doesn't remember who he is is because that information has been eliminated totally from the minds of people as a whole.

Just a thought.
JT

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I like firefly too but this is the better show.
As far as DNA is concerned, if John Doe is so smart, why didn't he look for hair samples from the pillow, "his father", was lying on?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I just can't see casting William Forsythe in the role of Digger just so he can collect a paycheck for serving drinks and relaying stories about his ex-wife.
Well, maybe that's why Meat Loaf dropped out - he thought Digger was going to be a bigger role and didn't need the work as badly as Forsythe.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
after seeing the pilot I was quite looking forward to Meatloaf, pity he isn't in the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks