JFK 2-disc-audio pop corrected?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by ScottR, Mar 24, 2006.

1. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

There was a loud audio pop on the Oliver Stone Collection version of JFK as the plane Costner and Matthau were flying in passed over DC's cherry blossom trees. Can someone with the 2-disc special edition check and see if that was corrected? Thanks!

2. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I have the 2 disc directors cut. If that is the one you want to check, I will listen for it. Got a chapter and 0:00 I can go to?

3. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Thanks, Chris. I don't have the exact time handy but it is Ch. 13, as the plane flies past the tree, before it cuts to the inside of the plane. Matthau is talking about young hippies.

4. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

EDIT -

Sorry man, but if you are talking about a click/pop, its still there. Right after/or at the end of the word "..drugs.." there is a click/pop. I tried both the disc I have from my 2 disc SE and the single disc from the Ultimate box set, which is pretty much identical. At first I thought maybe is was sound of the tree rustling in the wind, maybe a smal branch/twig breaking, but I think its just an audio glitch.

5. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

You have the SE with the white poster cover and the Stone collection versions, right? Thanks Chris!

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

White cover with gold top bar saying "Two-Disc Special Edition" and the red with Kevin's face and the blue on the right with the stars. Back of the box is Kevin again looking to his left. Inside the dvd case has the same cover with Kevin in the court-room on the back. Kevin by the grave in the inside left and Kevin and the guy with the rifle at the window on the right. Foldout dvd holder montage with blue disc one and red disc two.

...and I also have the version in the Ultimate Stone Collection, which, as far as I can tell, is simply disc one of the above set. Should be identical.

[​IMG]

7. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

Thanks, Chris! It must be an audio glitch, because my ld theatrical version doesn't do it.