What's new

Jerry Bruckheimer To Produce "De-Mystified" King Aurthur retelling (merged) (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Hmm... Looks like they're trying to graft some Boadicea onto Guinevere. Hey, same island right?
It wouldn't be the first time. There have been others who have played around with Guinevere, including the path taken by this film. Whether or not it works here is another question.

Jason

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I don't mind them messing with Arthur...I'm a rare bird in that I love fantastic fiction (Tolkien, Jordan, Martin, etc.) and well-done fantasy movies (few and far between, for sure), but generally have NO interest in Arthurian legends.

I originally had zero interest, but Clive Owen seems pretty damn badass in the trailers, and I find the idea of Arthur being a Roman soldier intriguing (historically questionable, but still interesting).

I do find the "Xena-fying" of Guinevere exasperating, but Keira looks quite ravishing all Celted up.

I'm waiting for some reviews to come in - particularly from the few critics I actually respect. If the reviews and word of mouth are agreed that it's an unredeemable crapfest, I'll pass. Otherwise, I will probably give it a try.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I don't mind them messing with Arthur...I'm a rare bird in that I love fantastic fiction (Tolkien, Jordan, Martin, etc.) and well-done fantasy movies (few and far between, for sure), but generally have NO interest in Arthurian legends.

I originally had zero interest, but Clive Owen seems pretty damn badass in the trailers, and I find the idea of Arthur being a Roman soldier intriguing (historically questionable, but still interesting).

I do find the "Xena-fying" of Guinevere exasperating, but Keira looks quite ravishing all Celted up.

I'm waiting for some reviews to come in - particularly from the few critics I actually respect. If the reviews and word of mouth are agreed that it's an unredeemable crapfest, I'll pass. Otherwise, I will probably give it a try.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see the History channel documentary on the Legend of King Arthur? It was very interesting and was hosted by Excalibur alum Patrick Stewart. The show gave all of the possibilities of who Arthur might have been, including an amalgam(sp?) of different people. It also possibly explained how the various knights of the Round Table were created and why Arthur was betrayed.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone see the History channel documentary on the Legend of King Arthur? It was very interesting and was hosted by Excalibur alum Patrick Stewart. The show gave all of the possibilities of who Arthur might have been, including an amalgam(sp?) of different people. It also possibly explained how the various knights of the Round Table were created and why Arthur was betrayed.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, I saw that. It mentions Romans as the most likely "Arthur"s: an officer that defended Hadrian's wall in the 100s? AD, and one or two that was left over after the Romans left Britannia that were active around 500 (give or take). Neither coincide with the film's "1600 years ago". The knights and Guinevere were all added much later.

It's on again a few more times this week.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, I saw that. It mentions Romans as the most likely "Arthur"s: an officer that defended Hadrian's wall in the 100s? AD, and one or two that was left over after the Romans left Britannia that were active around 500 (give or take). Neither coincide with the film's "1600 years ago". The knights and Guinevere were all added much later.

It's on again a few more times this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks