What's new

Jerry Bruckheimer To Produce "De-Mystified" King Aurthur retelling (merged) (1 Viewer)

Tomas Noung

Auditioning
The Western Roman Empire fell on 476 A.D, and this film takes place about 1,600 years ago which puts it around 400 A.D. It it around that time when the Roman began to pull their legions from Britain because of barbarian invasions?

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Just saw the teaser.

It looks like "A Knight's Tale 2: This Time We Couldn't Afford Queen's Music"

It might be a fun movie, if one goes into it with the proper mindset, but "the true story behnd the legend"? Whatever, Jerry.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It might be a fun movie, if one goes into it with the proper mindset, but "the true story behnd the legend"? Whatever, Jerry.
Well, the proper mindset is not to believe any word of that. I mean, this is a Bruckheimer movie, after all...

Jason

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
There's some real talent behind and in front of the camera with this movie and the trailer was surprisingly engaging. I'm sure I'll see it, but I can't help but wish that they had invested their money in a full-scale presenation of the Camelot mythology that everyone loves.

Excalibur was a very good movie but it was made over 20 years ago. Effects have improved substantially since then and they could have made this movie really special. There have been lots of Arthurian movies, but Excalibur is the only one that really explores the whole story. Still, as explained in another thread, this movie was made after Gladiator's success and they were looking for that style of movie. Ah well, a lost opportunity.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I don't mind the "de-mystified" take on the tale. I'm one of the few people who truly love "First Knight". But Keira "Braveheart" Knightley made me chuckle. I plan on seeing it, but I'm definitely not taking it as seriously as I probably should.

JonathanG

Stunt Coordinator
Judging from the trailer, this movie looks like it spent so little of it's budget on actual sets. I for one am expecting this film to bomb. I'll see it (at matinee price), but I have no expectations of it.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
What's your prob. w/ the set?? There's nothing that I've seen in the trailer that's given me that impression.

I also think that the comparison to "A Knight's Tale" is a little unfair -- I'm expecting this to do fairly well -- def. better than most people anticipate.

I'll be seeing this regardless -- it might be a breakout role for Clive Owen

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
What's your prob. w/ the set?? There's nothing that I've seen in the trailer that's given me that impression.

I also think that the comparison to "A Knight's Tale" is a little unfair -- I'm expecting this to do fairly well -- def. better than most people anticipate.

I'll be seeing this regardless -- it might be a breakout role for Clive Owen

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Finally someone has answered my prayers to get Con-Air made in ancient England.

I can't wait for the cool slo-mo of 6 knights lined up across the screen walking toward the camera with smoke/fog/mist whisping around their legs and behind them as they do.

I wonder if they will have to chase down the big, rowdy black knight as he rides recklessly across the desert...er, grassy hills, so they can bring him back to join the round table. Ironically Galahad will be found in a gambling parlor with ladies of ill-repute. Of course when they find him he will say "I am shocked, shocked, to learn that there is gambling going on in this establishment."

Okay, the last part is silly, Bruck would never get writers good enough to crib Casablanca.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Finally someone has answered my prayers to get Con-Air made in ancient England.

I can't wait for the cool slo-mo of 6 knights lined up across the screen walking toward the camera with smoke/fog/mist whisping around their legs and behind them as they do.

I wonder if they will have to chase down the big, rowdy black knight as he rides recklessly across the desert...er, grassy hills, so they can bring him back to join the round table. Ironically Galahad will be found in a gambling parlor with ladies of ill-repute. Of course when they find him he will say "I am shocked, shocked, to learn that there is gambling going on in this establishment."

Okay, the last part is silly, Bruck would never get writers good enough to crib Casablanca.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ya got to give the man a little credit, he did produce Pirates of the Caraibean... The Best Popcorn Flick since Raiders of the Lost Ark!!!

Or so they say, as I found it enjoyable, but also quite overrated...

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ya got to give the man a little credit, he did produce Pirates of the Caraibean... The Best Popcorn Flick since Raiders of the Lost Ark!!!

Or so they say, as I found it enjoyable, but also quite overrated...

--
H

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
LOL!!!!

That was one hilarious post, Seth. Now I really have to see this film...as soon as I stop guffawing.

I want to see Clive Owen saying "Put down the bunny..."

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
LOL!!!!

That was one hilarious post, Seth. Now I really have to see this film...as soon as I stop guffawing.

I want to see Clive Owen saying "Put down the bunny..."

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Just the fact that people are already thrashing this movie is a garantee that I'll like it. Thanks :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Just the fact that people are already thrashing this movie is a garantee that I'll like it. Thanks :emoji_thumbsup:

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Hey, lots of people trashed Ecks vs Sever before seeing it. Feel free to buy the DVD ASAP.

PotC - Gore Verbinski and Depp, just like Ridley Scott also didn't let Bruck walk over him (or just as likely Bruck is more hands off with directors of greater skill).

The fact is that neither BHDown or PotC look like typical Bruck productions, in visual style, cinematography, and art direction, let alone script/story choices.

The other director that has been able to work a bit better under Bruck than he used to is Tony Scott. PotC has much of the same styles found in Mouse Hunt and The Ring, far more than Coyote Ugly, Days of Thunder, Bad Boys or Beverly Hills Cop 2.

The problem isn't just Bruck here, its the director involved. The project sounds a lot more like the knock-off crap that Bruck is often behind and the trailer seems to verify such choices being made.

My opinion of how good it actually is will be reserved till I rent it or am convinced by many solid reviews to see it. Until then consider my "do I want to see it" opinion to be in the toilet at this point.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Hey, lots of people trashed Ecks vs Sever before seeing it. Feel free to buy the DVD ASAP.

PotC - Gore Verbinski and Depp, just like Ridley Scott also didn't let Bruck walk over him (or just as likely Bruck is more hands off with directors of greater skill).

The fact is that neither BHDown or PotC look like typical Bruck productions, in visual style, cinematography, and art direction, let alone script/story choices.

The other director that has been able to work a bit better under Bruck than he used to is Tony Scott. PotC has much of the same styles found in Mouse Hunt and The Ring, far more than Coyote Ugly, Days of Thunder, Bad Boys or Beverly Hills Cop 2.

The problem isn't just Bruck here, its the director involved. The project sounds a lot more like the knock-off crap that Bruck is often behind and the trailer seems to verify such choices being made.

My opinion of how good it actually is will be reserved till I rent it or am convinced by many solid reviews to see it. Until then consider my "do I want to see it" opinion to be in the toilet at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks