What's new

Jericho Season 2 thread (2 Viewers)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
She confirms that Skeet's comment meant that we wouldn't want to see that it really was the end.

For folks who want some mild spoilers about it, someone from Canada who saw it posted some comments over at Hot Off The Press: The Latest TV News and Information - Page 549 - AVS Forum
I don't think there is anything really spoiled, but your mileage might vary. Go to that page and do a page search for Canada and you should find the post.

Neil

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
It's a pretty nice bone they've thrown us: six (probably seven) hours of some of the finest serialized television drama, ever, and an ending to a story we've all enjoyed watching. Considering that this is WAY better than NOTHING, I think CBS has been more than kind to the fans.

I'm sorry it's coming to an end, but I'm nothing but grateful to CBS for not only giving it another go, but for giving the story closure as well. There's little more they could have done (it is a business, after all), and they could have done far less.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
So is it confirmed for sure that they're definitely airing the "non-cliffhanger" ending tonight? That interview is kind of vague on that.

I'm still pulling for the cliffhanger ending, regardless of what happens to the show.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Well if it was I would'nt say it's concrete, it very well could work as an ender, but it was still pretty open ended and I could see the series continuing with the war and Jericho caught right in the middle.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I thought that was just about a perfect season ender, so I can't imagine what the cliffhanger ending would have been. This one was hardly concrete, so the only think I can think of is that the cliffhanger ending was simply more depressing. I was on the edge of my seat the whole hour. I also thought they made excellent use of their F/X budget, from making the half-completed U.S. Capitol replica in the middle of Cheyenne, to the Texan embassy, etc. etc. Also really liked the payoff to Jake's initial occupation as a pilot.

This was a good series. I hope it continues elsewhere.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was aight, not a total cliffhanger, but definitely leaves the door cracked just barely should another nutty miracle happen for "Jericho".

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
This was an enjoyable finale, but I am not sure I agree 100% with Carol Barbee about it being "...very emotionally satisfying." There were a couple of story elements that I thought rang untrue. Primarily, Beck opening Hawkins laptop and going directly to all of the conspiracy evidence without even pressing a key. I mean really, with all we've learned about Hawkins over the past two seasons, are we to assume that he would make no pretense at security with such important information?

But, in this instance, I am more than happy to check my brain at the door and savor these last several episodes for what they are...fun, compelling television! Perfect? No. But, they are certainly more rewarding and long-lasting than about 95% of everything else on primetime these days. Kudos to CBS for at least making sure Jericho fans got to see the story come to a (albeit hastened) conclusion.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
If you are an HBO Wire fan than you had to be waiting for Marlo to be selling some drugs towards the end. I guess he got out of the city just in time.

I thought the show concluded pretty well and if it had to go I am happy with the ending.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
They rushed through the episode. It's too bad it wasn't a 90 min or 2 hour episode so they could have flushed out some more details. It seemed like there were a lot more commercials than ususal. I hope that Jericho finds a new home and if they do I am assuming that they will focus on the new civil war.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I agree that it was rushed. I can't help but think if another network does pick it up, the show will suffer due to them airing the "finale" instead of the cliffhanger ending. If it got picked up, could they just air the other ending and pretend this one never even happened?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Unless Hawkins wanted to make sure that the conspiracy evidence was immediately seen in case something did happen to him. He could have disabled any PC logon password and had the pdf of the evidence come up on boot-up. The important security to him would have been making sure that the file couldn't be deleted.

Neil

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

I'm not quite sure why some think a new season would be hampered by lack of a cliffhanger from the season before. It's also not like this "ending" didn't leave room for more stories.

Put me in the group that much prefers a series not to have a cliffhanger as its final episode. Even if its future was uncertain, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, while I'm still a little fuzzy on some of the details and logic, it was a very good ride.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it is just me, but what she says in the final answer is a bit confusing. In any case, it is different than what I first thought it would be, but as most of us here know, there is plenty of room for more stories.

Neil

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
The finale was a little rushed, but very satisfying. I think the most logical cliffhanger moment would have been the Cheyenne Airplanes of Doom, which would mean that NO story or plot elements would have changed between the two endings. The cliffhanger would simply have delayed Texas flying in to save the day until the next season and un-rushed the rest of the episode to fill in the extra time. So if it gets picked up for a third season, there won't be any reason, story-wise, to pine for the cliffhanger. I strongly suspect that the only thing the cliffhanger would offer over the conclusion (besides the clifhanger) is slightly better pacing.

And if the series had ended with Jake and Robert about to be shot down, I would not have been happy.

Regarding Hawkins' laptop, we've seen the security measures Hawkins takes to secure his data. But Hawkins is no dummy, and if your mission is to expose a conspiracy, at some point the data you've gathered becomes an asset rather than a liability. I have no problem thinking that he set his laptop to boot up with the damning documents before he hit the road for Texas. Indeed, given the security measures we've seen him use, there's no other explanation but that Hawkins wanted whoever discovered the laptop to see the data.

I hope it gets picked up by another network, but even if it doesn't, it's been a great show and a lot of fun.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I guess my thinking is that the ending we got crammed half a season's worth of story into one episode. If it's just a matter of the last 10 minutes or so getting tacked on, then I guess I'm fine with it.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was a very satisfying season/series ending show. I have been a huge fan of this show since season 1, but I think it will be difficult to continue the show without being a re-hash of Red Dawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks