jbl s38 Is anyone using for surrounds?? If so .........

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Todd smith, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

How do you have them mounted and set up??? I want to get 4 of what ever speaker I buy and I like the jbl s38, but I want to have the rear surrounds at the recomended 3 foot height above the listener. Do they have 5-6 foot stands that will accomodate these? How do you work this out if you get these speakers and want to position the surrounds correctly???????

2. Todd smith

Todd smith Supporting Actor

buimpy

3. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

This is a very old post but I'm basically in the same position. For those of you who have S38's as surrounds, how do you get them into Dolby recommended placement?

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

If you have walls to install them, ... you can treat your S38's like a large wall-hanging and buy from Home Depot 50 lbs. rated hardware for the wall and speakers - Heavy Duty Ring Hanger - requires two-small drilled holes on the back of the speaker / Professional Picture Hanger uses two thin nails for sheet rock. You can use 3/4" rubber bumper squares on the bottom edges of the speaker cabinet to insulate the cabinet vibrations from the walls.
    That's what I did for my JBL S26's (Right Side surround; Rear Center surround) in my 20' x 30' HT/family room, ... installed since Feb. 2002 - which are only 6 lbs. lighter than the S38's.
    Phil

5. John S

John S Producer

I use them, I use the Roman Columns as stands, available at hobby and craft shops cheap.

6. Mark--M

Mark--M Stunt Coordinator

Can anybody post some pics of the S38's on stands? Doesnt matter if they are fronts or surrounds.

7. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

3/4" rubber bumper squares. I now know where to go to get these =) I don't feel comfortable drilling holes into my speakers. I think I'll look into some sort of shelving that doesn't look too bad. At least then I can place books in them.

8. John S

John S Producer

I can post pics of my setup.. I intended to post them a while back, but when I took the pics, they didn't come out as well as I had hoped. I'll dig em up.