What's new

JBL center speaker opinions...please (1 Viewer)

Jon-C

Stunt Coordinator
I am ready to replace my "temporary" non-matched center speaker with either a JBL bookshelf or (Northridge, Studio) center speaker to match my Northridge 310 mains. I've read several post's recommending matching bookshelf speakers for better sound over "dedicated" center speakers. IMO the N28 sounds like it would do the job well. Any suggestions, opinions would be greatly appreciated. :D

JamesFA

Auditioning
Im running a pair of N24IIs as mains and the S-CenterII, the s-center is one great speaker.

-j

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
s center speaker sounds so much better then the n center. i dont own jbl, but to my recollection the lsat time i checked it out the s center sounds leaps and bounds better then the n center, it was also easier on my ears.
i cant tell you if the s series will timbre match the n series, but i would hope so.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I've tried several center speakers along with different mains and always come back to the S- Center and my old JBL L100. Gets better with age too.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have to agree with Dean here, despite the fact that the S-center II is a better speaker. Ideally, get the S-center II and upgrade the 310s to something from the Studio line as well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks