What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

James Bond 20 DVD set (1 Viewer)

jake moosey

Stunt Coordinator
I was looking on ebay and found several "Official" Asian collectors 20 dvd james bond set. I was wondering the quality of these and if they are anamophic.

I am really curious if this is real and worth getting. I dont think they are bootlegs either.

***(please close thread if it is a Bootleg)

Thanx

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I am pretty sure there was a legit release of a mega box set at some point, though never in R1.

ON a side note, MGM sucks. I bought the first JB set back when it was first released. They were pulled of course and re-released. It was bad enough they had to swap discs around and the sets of the first wave did not mathc the sets in wave 2, but I thought, OK, at least this time they are releasing them as seperate titles. But they did not do this for the second and third box sets of wave 2! :angry: :thumbsdown: I want to buy these MGM, but am not going to double dip on any disc...I wonder why some studios make it so hard to buy their product...
I know all this has been discussed to death, but this si always what come to mind anymore when I think of James Bond. That and Pussy Galore. :laugh:

Michael_Q

Stunt Coordinator
Hahaha. I just checked out Kenny Goldin's member profile, and it appears he set his location to "BANNED" so it appears in his posts. He's not banned.

Roger_R

Second Unit
There was a 20 DVD-set with all JB movies being released in Europe. When it comes to "Asian Collector's Edition" it's really just a fancy word for bootlegs. I know that's the case for the X-files "Asian Collector's Editions".
You'll probably end up with a re-encoded movie on a double-sided DVD with no extras..

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
I did see a 20 DVD set at a HMV in Canada at the sametime all the 2 and 3 set were released and it was a R1.

My thinking at the time was an HMV only thing. Since that is the only place I ever saw it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
jake can yoube more specific?

if your wondering about the guy selling the suitcase, you can see a link in a post above yours that takes you to amazon selling that set.

Adnan Khan

Auditioning
The (R2) 20 Bond Collection is easily available at all Virgin stores in Dubai, UAE. US$ 190, cheaper than Amazon UK.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there supposed to be an upcoming 2-disc Special Edition Collection of every Bond film to date proposed for R1 release?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Btw Tony, would you mind posting the link to the suitcase collection on Amazon? I've seen this before and considered purchasing the set but was skeptical of the authentication of the release...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
marco, this thread only has 15 posts now 16. just check post 7 and you will find a link to that set.
i also mentioned it again in post 10.:D

Tony Stark

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I just read somewhere that next year all the Bond films are going to be re-re-released just in time for his next movie.

-T

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Oh, I thought you were referring to the actual briefcase collection! I did notice that boxset, however, there was also a Japanese release I believe, which came package in a metal briefcase - a real actual briefcase which looked incredibly cool so I thought you were referring to that when you mentioned the briefcase edition..

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

Oh, I thought you were referring to the actual briefcase collection! I did notice that boxset, however, there was also a Japanese release I believe, which came package in a metal briefcase - a real actual briefcase which looked incredibly cool so I thought you were referring to that when you mentioned the briefcase edition..

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok now i know what you are asking for.
i used to have a link saved to amazon for that attache or suitcase set, but it's gone now.
plus i think it is no longer available there.

but if you search ebay for " James Bond 20 DVD ltd ed w/ 007 attache case "

you'll see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks