What's new

I've had it! No i'm not complaining about the Outlaw 950, just the damn UPS! (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Serge,

Why are you posting this on the forum. You should email Outlaw with these concerns....

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
Serge -

This may not help you any, but at Outlaw's request I shipped my old 950 back via UPS ground last week (which is what I thought they were using for the non-overnight deliveries). UPS Ground does not guarantee 3-day delivery, although I've gotten stuff in only a day or two if the shipment isn't going far. The receipt I got indicated that it would be delivered to Outlaw on May 9 -- that's a full week after I sent it on May 2 for a package going from Tennessee to California. It also cost $38 (refunded by Outlaw, in this case), not the $30 or so Outlaw was charging for the 950 deliveries.

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Steven,
I already emailed Jaymen at Outlaw and she is taking care of this matter for me. I'm just venting is all, now that the unit is here i can hide and enjoy my 950 for awhile.
We can delete this thread since i'm a happy camper now:) The reason for posting this on the forum is in order to strategically shift some of the negative comments made in regards to the Outlaws, the victim now becomes the UPS guy dropping our 950's on the front porch, leaving a quick note and quickly running back to the security of their vehicles.....
Jim,
On the Outlaw order form, it says specifically 3 day service. There is an option for one day delivery as well. However there is nowhere mentionned about UPS being the carrier in this case. UPS does guarantee delivery, depends on the service type.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
HOw do you think I feel Serge, I chose the overnight shipping for $50 U.S. and got the 7-8 day UPS ground.For $50 U.S.

Jim Prillaman

Stunt Coordinator
Serge

I wasn't sure, and couldn't remember what the form said. I'd forgotten that the other option was listed as "3-day." Glad to hear that you're getting things taken care of.

RichardMA

Second Unit
UPS is GARBAGE! Here's why:

Unlike the USPS, UPS Ground takes LONGER and they charge

the end customer a large "brokerage fee" (at least $20,

often much more). Couple that with their rotten delivery,

and some other charges, and it's clear you are better off

using the mails. UPS won't even allow you to insure

packages going cross border unless the item is brand

new and in a seal package! They say they have no way of

knowing the real value of a used good. Does this sound

like they end up getting LOTS of insurance claims?

Figures. When I got my Sony TA-E9000ES processor from

the U.S., all it cost me was the taxes, no hidden charges

and the postal service got it to me from GERMANY (I'm in

Canada) in 5 days! It can take the creeps at UPS up

to 15 days to deliver a package from the U.S., if it goes

ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks