What's new

I've had it! No i'm not complaining about the Outlaw 950, just the damn UPS! (1 Viewer)

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
3 day service you say? Since May 3rd there has been no update, the unit was due earlier today at the latest by UPS. I have been waiting a long time for this piece and the last thing i need is to wait on UPS. I know John Cain had said in another post that he had been waiting since April 30th for his. I have had hard luck with UPS in the past, looks as though this time is no different. Is anybody else having delivery problems? Tomorrow better be my day. What else could possibly go wrong?

John Cain

Second Unit
Still waiting..

I think it will be delivered to me today..

That is the slowest I have ever seen UPS to send me anything.

-- John

Brett Miles

Stunt Coordinator
Oh c'mon, what do you guys expect? For a big-ticket item like this, they need the extra time to make sure it gets properly mangled. You know, service and all . . . ;)
P.S. I think UPS rant threads are about the funniest of all.

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
wrong! Good try though. I'm having my 950 shipped to the US so there is no excuses not to have the unit delivered in 3 days. No customs involved until i pick up the unit. Don't mind me, i'm just venting until i can call UPS myself.

Derrell

Auditioning
Serge,

I am in the same boat. I got a call from Outlaw last Wednesday saying they were ready to ship my 950/770 over night to me. However, I was leaving town that night so I requested they ship ground instead. Well I have been checking and checking the UPS tracking since last Wednesday. The units shipped from CA on the 2nd in route to San Antonio, TX. I checked again this morning and the last update to the tracking was on the 3rd! Seems like something is wrong with the tracking. Oh well, after almost a year a few more days isn't all that bad. I will be extreamly upset if I don't get it by this weekend though.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
UPS updates the tracking when they put the box on a truck and again when they take it off. If the last update was the 3rd, then it hasn't been unloaded at the next depot yet. :frowning:

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Mine was sent on April 30, there was an update on May 1 then no update on thier website until last night (May6 ).

It shows today as out for delivery,so barring any major screw up by the driver I should have my hands on it any time now.

J

John Morris

I hate getting anything via UPS ground. Regardless of where the unit is shipped from, it WILL take them at least 5 full working days to get it to you. Last week, a unit which was shipped from Dallas to me sat at the local UPS warehouse for 3 days until they delivered it to me on the 5th working day. That is simply ridiculous! Fed Ex Ground, on the other hand, delivers the item the next day after it hits the local warehouse, regardless of how soon it occurs after shipping. I get most packages shipped via Fed Ex ground within 3 working days...

Jody C Robins

Stunt Coordinator
I had an amp that was shipped from Minnesota go first to California, before getting here. That's more than twice as far as it needed to go. Ridiculous. Took forever. When another option is available, I will never ship via UPS. Too many bad experiences.

Michael Merrell

Stunt Coordinator
Look at it from this point of view: You get your money back. They didn't hit their delivery date, so Outlaw can get the shipping amount refunded, and credit it back to you. If an amp was part of the shipment, that's not an insignificant sum of money.
--Mike
from http://www.ups.com/using/custserv/up...html#guarantee
What does UPS guarantee?
How about on-schedule delivery of your package or your money back? When you ship a package via UPS SonicAir BestFlightSM, UPS Worldwide Express PlusSM, UPS Worldwide ExpressSM, UPS Worldwide ExpeditedSM, UPS Standard To Canada, UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, UPS Next Day Air Saver®, UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.®, UPS 2nd Day Air®, UPS 3 Day Select ® and UPS Ground, you'll get guaranteed on-schedule delivery. In the event that we fail to complete delivery or attempt delivery within the time commitment, we will credit or refund your shipping charges upon request to the payor. Please see Terms and Conditions for a more detailed explanation.
How do I request a refund?
Call us! Contact UPS Customer Service at 1-800-PICK-UPS (1-800-742-5877) within fifteen calendar days from the date of scheduled delivery of your package and we'll credit or refund your shipping charges.

Tim_S

Stunt Coordinator
UPS updates the tracking when they put the box on a truck and again when they take it off. If the last update was the 3rd, then it hasn't been unloaded at the next depot yet.
That is how it is supposed to work. I have had several shipments where they did the initial scan, I see no updates for 2 days and voila, it magically appears at my door.

Tim

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
Derrell,
no update since the 3rd either! Still no update today. Probably no update tomorrow..... With my luck, my 950 will show up on somebody elses doorstep :frowning:

Jon_Koc

Auditioning
Well,

I had a similiar issue and it seems it took from 2:00AM Friday morning until today at 2:45 to go from CA to Sweetwater Houston Texas. No updates in between, which according to the customer service rep means it stayed on the truck the whole time until it reached here.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to recieve it from them. Like you guys said, it always takes the FULL 5 days for ground shipping.

On a side note: FED EX also ships packages the long route. You have to realize that these large companies HAVE to do that. They have to go through a central routing point in order to minimize their shipping requirements and stay within the time limits they have. Otherwise they would have to have a plane in every city waiting for that once a month package. Just a bit of a business reality check.

myke

Grip
It's not processor/receiver related, but UPS did destroy 2 packages delivered here today.
It was a couple replacement parts for our reclining couch. Despite the 'signature required' on the boxes, UPS simply dropped them onto the stoop. The boxes look like they've been through a war, and the parts are actually bent, and protruding from the box!
Ridiculous! And this is the second set of parts that was sent (the first set was destroyed also!), though this one was destroyed more (probably because they made the mistake of putting 'Fragile, Handle with Care' stickers on the package!)
:angry:

Jon_Koc

Auditioning
I think we should allow all postal workers to release their anger on UPS workers. Should straighten both groups out fairly well.
:D

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
I have never had any problems with UPS, through dozens and dozens of online orders of electronic products, and through dozens and dozens of shipments of electronic products. They almost ALWAYS have met their delivery time, and all items arrived in great condition.

Like you guys said, it always takes the FULL 5 days for ground shipping.
This has never ever been the case for me. Most everything I order arrives in 1 to 3 days, 5 days only when ordering from California. I can only recall one time when UPS was late- they placed the order on the wrong truck, and it ended up taking 3 days rather than 2.

Cheers

Andrew B.

Patrick R. Sklenar

Second Unit
Mine left Cerritos CA at 12:12am on 5/3 and arrived in Chelmsford MA at 9:56am on 5/8. Needs to go from Chelmsford to Windsor Locks CT and then finally out to me. So that's at least two more sortings and two more truck runs. Might actually receive it tomorrow, but more likely would be Friday.

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
my 950 is finally out for delivery today. It's noon and nothing as of yet. Usually, when i have a package similar in size and dimensions, the cost via UPS $20-$25 or so. I'm not saying Outlaw overcharges on their shipping (around $35 isen't it, i can't remember?) but the fact is that we are talking 3 day service, while in actuality if i get the unit today, it was a 5 day service. In essence i payed for a service that was not rendered. When one orders via next day, he expects next day. I ordered 3 day, that's what i expect. I expect a refund of some of my shipping costs. I don't usually get on the UPS bandwagon but since i have been waiting a while now for you know what, i'm particularily anxious for this package to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks