What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (2 Viewers)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
That digital upgraded to 4K without any HDR back in 2020. It's been $4.99 at least a couple of times since then including just last month. It still has no HDR.
Theoretically HDR should get added when the Columbia Classics Box 3 comes out, but there’s no guarantee, as Sony’s Guns of Navarone never got HDR added to the digital when the Disc (with HDR) came out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Theoretically HDR should get added when the Columbia Classics Box 3 comes out, but there’s no guarantee, as Sony’s Guns of Navarone never got HDR added to the digital when the Disc (with HDR) came out.
Yup, I'm buying the boxset anyhow, but I have most of those Columbia titles in my iTunes digital library.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought the digital, hoping for a HDR upgrade (as happened with Lawrence of Arabia). I didn't buy the first two UHD boxsets, and don't plan on buying the third, either.
Hey, we all have different priorities when it comes to our film tastes and how we spend our discretionary monies.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm still waiting for Stripes to upgrade to 4K and Looper to get HDR, among others.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Jurassic Park Dominion extended version is in HD only on iTunes . VUDU has the extended version in 4K HDR. What's up with iTunes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks