What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
As long as they continue to consider it a "special feature," it will always remain in HD.
Right, I don't think it will ever upgrade to 4K on iTunes. There are too many other examples of longer cuts of films being a special feature that are in HD and not 4K.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Right, I don't think it will ever upgrade to 4K on iTunes. There are too many other examples of longer cuts of films being a special feature that are in HD and not 4K.

I tend to agree... although the fact they apparently aren't selling the extended version separately in 4K on iTunes this time (for whatever reason) -- a lot of other cases will actually have the extended/director's cut sold separately in 4K -- plus how MA and Vudu have it might give some possible hope I guess...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Folks who redeemed their JWD codes on Vudu are having issues with how it is reporting back to Movies Anywhere:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Don't recall this being posted before -- and not sure when it actually happened -- but The Truman Show is apparently now in 4K w/ what looks like a much needed new transfer we've been waiting for... and it's also currently on sale for $5 in case anyone doesn't already have it.

Ok, according to the Blu-ray.com forum, this apparently got upgraded back in Dec. Kinda odd there's still no announcement of either new BD or 4K disc to come over 8 months later...

_Man_

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think it’s been 4k since at least December.

Uop
Never mind I see now that you’ve updated your post.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Basic Instinct was 4K for a while, but is now coming up as HD for me.
I was tired of waiting for that to come here, so I bought the import disc. I guess it's the best it's looked on home video, but the transfer is disappointing.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mine did not upgrade. It was probably the way in which I claimed the digital code from the disc. It was so long ago, I cannot remember where I claimed the code. Not a big deal, though. I do not need this film in 4K.

Check Movies Anywhere if you'd like to know.

I didn't even realize (and don't recall) the BD came w/ DC -- I've never redeemed mine... and not sure where I put my copy at the moment (as I moved and still don't have my BDs organized yet :P).

_Man_

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Check Movies Anywhere if you'd like to know.

I didn't even realize (and don't recall) the BD came w/ DC -- I've never redeemed mine... and not sure where I put my copy at the moment (as I moved and still don't have my BDs organized yet :P).

_Man_
Thanks, but I really do not care. I am fine with owning the BD and HD stream for this film. I cannot imagine 4k and HDR changing my enjoyment of this movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks