What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (4 Viewers)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So buy it on iTunes or Vudu.
It’s MA so you get the longer cut at both but only in 4K on Vudu?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought the digital on ITunes but the extended version only plays in 4K on VUDU
I finally got my 4K disc today and inputed my digital code at universalredeem.com.

The theatrical cut plays in 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos on iTunes, MA, and using the Vudu app on my AppleTV unit.

Using my Roku unit, the theatrical cut plays on Vudu in 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos.

The extended cut plays on iTunes it's HD and 5.1 audio on my AppleTV unit. However, it's 4K/HDR/Dolby Atmos on the Vudu app on the same AppleTV unit. On MA, it's 4K/HDR/5.1 using that same AppleTV unit.

Using my Roku unit, the extended cut plays on Vudu in 4K/HDR/Dolby Atmos.

I just wish Sony and Movies Anywhere would get their act together and fix their Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos issues.
What is the issue with Sony and MA regarding Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
If the extended cut is considered a bonus feature, then that is why it is only HD on iTunes.

That seems pretty typical on iTunes... although there have been exceptions (mainly w/ an Arrow title or two off the top of my head, eg. Deep Red)...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I finally got my 4K disc today and inputed my digital code at universalredeem.com.

The theatrical cut plays in 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos on iTunes, MA, and using the Vudu app on my AppleTV unit.

Using my Roku unit, the theatrical cut plays on Vudu in 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos.

The extended cut plays on iTunes it's HD and 5.1 audio on my AppleTV unit. However, it's 4K/HDR/Dolby Atmos on the Vudu app on the same AppleTV unit. On MA, it's 4K/HDR/5.1 using that same AppleTV unit.

Using my Roku unit, the extended cut plays on Vudu in 4K/HDR/Dolby Atmos.

What is the issue with Sony and MA regarding Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos.
None of the Sony movies on Movies Anywhere have Dolby Vision nor Dolby Atmos. Typical Sony blames MA, MA blames Sony, so this will likely never get resolved.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Patience Padawans, patience. iTunes is sometimes late to the party but will fix this issue soon I’m sure. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks