What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
If that happens then I would complain to iTunes.
The problem for me is that it was a Blu-ray upgrade code, I didn’t buy it or redeem it originally in 4k
I don’t think I have any entitlement to it being 4K but there are people who bought the code in 4K I believe.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The problem for me is that it was a Blu-ray upgrade code, I didn’t buy it or redeem it originally in 4k
I don’t think I have any entitlement to it being 4K but there are people who bought the code in 4K I believe.
As I stated earlier you should complain to iTunes that your upgraded 4K digital downgraded to HD,

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Hmmm... Thought mine was also just a DC redemption from the old BD. But I apparently had forgotten I (also) bought the 4K via Fanflix in Jan last year (and redeemed via Movies Anywhere), so guess I should be fine afterall... although I might still eventually get the 4K disc...

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
In case anyone's wondering, I just noticed and verified that the Deep Red 4K on iTunes, which is currently on sale again (along w/ a bunch of other Arrow digitals), has apparently finally been corrected to include the proper, restored, longer international cut (w/ Italian track) and apparently in 4K as an extra alternate version -- you have to look for it under extra features, so I guess you'll need an Apple device/computer (or at least something like iTunes for Windoze, which I did also check) to access, not just AppleTV app on non-Apple streaming device.

_Man_

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
In case anyone's wondering, I just noticed and verified that the Deep Red 4K on iTunes, which is currently on sale again (along w/ a bunch of other Arrow digitals), has apparently finally been corrected to include the proper, restored, longer international cut (w/ Italian track) and apparently in 4K as an extra alternate version -- you have to look for it under extra features, so I guess you'll need an Apple device/computer (or at least something like iTunes for Windoze, which I did also check) to access, not just AppleTV app on non-Apple streaming device.

_Man_
Still no Italian language option, though.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Still no Italian language option, though.

The "Alt. Feature" (longer) International Cut under the extra features section is in Italian (only, it seems). No idea why the main feature doesn't offer Italian option though.

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A new HD digital of "Poltergeist" just showed up on iTunes. Warner doing it again as it's coming out on 4K disc September 20th. I expect the same with "The Lost Boys". Hopefully, iTunes will still give those that have the old HD digital the free 4K upgrade.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
A new HD digital of "Poltergeist" just showed up on iTunes. Warner doing it again as it's coming out on 4K disc September 20th. I expect the same with "The Lost Boys". Hopefully, iTunes will still give those that have the old HD digital the free 4K upgrade.

Didn't even realize they're coming on 4K discs soon...

Odd that both iTunes entries (old and new) for Poltergeist are currently available -- they usually immediately/simultaneously retire the old one IIRC. Maybe they'll remove/disable the old one from available purchase very soon (and/or somehow just forgot/neglected to do so just yet?). Noticed the new entry is also missing the extras included for the old one (so far), which I imagine they'll also remedy soon-ish.

Well, since I have the ancient-ish BDs (of both of these), I never bought the digital, so guess I should definitely wait -- I might want the 4K disc for Poltergeist anyway... and that digital's not currently on sale either (unlike Lost Boys)...

Thanks for the heads-up!

_Man_

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Didn't even realize they're coming on 4K discs soon...

Odd that both iTunes entries (old and new) for Poltergeist are currently available -- they usually immediately/simultaneously retire the old one IIRC. Maybe they'll remove/disable the old one from available purchase very soon (and/or somehow just forgot/neglected to do so just yet?). Noticed the new entry is also missing the extras included for the old one (so far), which I imagine they'll also remedy soon-ish.

Well, since I have the ancient-ish BDs (of both of these), I never bought the digital, so guess I should definitely wait -- I might want the 4K disc for Poltergeist anyway... and that digital's not currently on sale either (unlike Lost Boys)...

Thanks for the heads-up!

_Man_
It’s more like they jumped the gun on making the new listing available rather than forgetting to disable the old one. Either way I’m waiting for it to upgrade to 4K before I purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks