What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
I just noticed that "Heavy Metal" is now 4K DV, and I purchased the title via iTunes awhile back, but my copy didn't upgrade and is still HD. When I do a search on "Heavy Metal" on iTunes, only the 4K version shows up. The HD version is not available, yet my copy is still HD. What gives?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
and trouble with The Trouble With Harry.
Still no 4K.
It’s amazing that Vudu and Movies Anywhere, one can search for films in specific decades. Trying to see if a classic film has been added to iTunes is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Still no 4K.
It’s amazing that Vudu and Movies Anywhere, one can search for films in specific decades. Trying to see if a classic film has been added to iTunes is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
You can filter iTunes by year or decade via Cheap Charts.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Still no 4K.
Searching anything (movies or music) using the iTunes search is a disgrace. Use google. Searching "Title iTunes" Usually get's you to the page right away.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
And 1776 just added Dolby Vision. I kind of didn’t expect that since another Sony title (Guns of Navarone) never added HDR to any of the digital copies when the disc came out.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And 1776 just added Dolby Vision. I kind of didn’t expect that since another Sony title (Guns of Navarone) never added HDR to any of the digital copies when the disc came out.
Sony’s track record over the last few years has been very sporadic. Looper is still the older non-director approved transfer that lacks any HDR and Atmos across all retailers, and @Robert Crawford and I still wonder when LOA will be available in Atmos on Apple TV.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Just checked, and 1776 is only 4K and 5.1 audio (no HDR) on Vudu and Prime Video. Movies Anywhere currently does not support the film in 4K. No Atmos on iTunes/Apple TV. And no one seems to have any special features.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's been my experience with Sony titles that have multiple film versions to be screwed up on digital platforms in which some versions don't upgrade to 4K and that bonus material is non existent.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just checked, and 1776 is only 4K and 5.1 audio (no HDR) on Vudu and Prime Video. Movies Anywhere currently does not support the film in 4K. No Atmos on iTunes/Apple TV. And no one seems to have any special features.
One more thing, based on what you posted, I'm in no hurry to redeem my digital code that came with my 4K Ultra HD release.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Might be an incorrect listing on prime, but I see they have listed The Saint in UHD 4K…

Does anyone know more about this? I’d love to buy the disc of this one.

Attachments

• 2ECF6F73-9215-48B1-9F77-9A021A26AAEB.jpeg
    2ECF6F73-9215-48B1-9F77-9A021A26AAEB.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Might be an incorrect listing on prime, but I see they have listed The Saint in UHD 4K…

Does anyone know more about this? I’d love to buy the disc of this one.
Don't believe it. I've seen other Paramount films say they're 4K on Amazon.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Don't believe it. I've seen other Paramount films say they're 4K on Amazon.

I’m watching it now. Appears to be the same print as the dvd and Blu-ray. Lots of dirt in the print still.

Love the soundtrack. There were 2 for this film. Various artists and then one for revell’s score. Both were great.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was perusing Prime the other night and saw dozens of movies tagged as UHD. Many if not all are NOT UHD.
Something wonky with their algorithm there.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I was perusing Prime the other night and saw dozens of movies tagged as UHD. Many if not all are NOT UHD.
Something wonky with their algorithm there.
It’s all prime movies provided by FreeVee. It tags all movies under the service as UHD, but not the TV shows. And of course it’s completely bogus.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It’s all prime movies provided by FreeVee. It tags all movies under the service as UHD, but not the TV shows. And of course it’s completely bogus.

Thank you. I discovered the same with The Saint too. It’s not 4k and appears to be the same dvd Blu-ray transfer. Of course I still watched a good hour of the film too. I didn’t intend to but got sucked into the film. It’s always been a favorite of mine even if the film is just ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim86
Recent bookmarks