What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Also upgraded to 4K/HDR today is the terrific Oscar winning Whiplash.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The birds is still showing hd for me. I ordered the universal 14 film set this summer. The other 3 that are on 4k have upgraded. They seemed to take a bit longer to do so however.

I just checked back to the future and none of mine have updated to 4k. I bought the bttf iTunes set this summer too.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Kicking myself for entering the code for BTTF3 just now in iTunes, as it likely won't upgrade across platforms in 4K. Parts 1 and 2 are showing 4K on both iTunes and now MA, but Part 3 shows HD. My codes came from the Complete Adventures set, and I had previously redeemed them in MA when I picked up the set on a Deal of the Day at Amazon about a year ago.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The birds is still showing hd for me. I ordered the universal 14 film set this summer. The other 3 that are on 4k have upgraded. They seemed to take a bit longer to do so however.

I just checked back to the future and none of mine have updated to 4k. I bought the bttf iTunes set this summer too.
The birds and back to the future 1 and 2 are now all showing in 4K for me on iTunes.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The birds and back to the future 1 and 2 are now all showing in 4K for me on iTunes.
I’m curious, did you just buy something else from iTunes? Because I‘ve noticed that a new purchase can also trigger your iTunes library to refresh itself to show the latest changes.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m curious, did you just buy something else from iTunes? Because I‘ve noticed that a new purchase can also trigger your iTunes library to refresh itself to show the latest changes.

good point! I just redeemed 2 digital copies of other films on movies anywhere tonight!!!!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Last night I noticed that my iPhone 11X Pro Max in my movies had REQUIEM FOR A DREAM DIRECTORS CUT in HDR . ( 4K and Dolby vision and Dolby atmos.) Only on my phone. It is not in my film library at all on Apple TV or my iPad .( I owned it in HD)
Very interesting .....

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Last night I noticed that my iPhone 11X Pro Max in my movies had REQUIEM FOR A DREAM DIRECTORS CUT in HDR . ( 4K and Dolby vision and Dolby atmos.) Only on my phone. It is not in my film library at all on Apple TV or my iPad .( I owned it in HD)
Very interesting .....
I'm seeing those flags in the Apple TV app on both my Roku and Fire Stick, even on titles that I own that are HD. I think it's a bug, because when I play those titles, they play back in HD.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Does anyone else find the new Back to the Future master awfully drab looking in Dolby Vision? i didn't watch the whole thing, but did scan through it and it looks like someone turned the colour saturation down by 20 clicks.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Does anyone else find the new Back to the Future master awfully drab looking in Dolby Vision? i didn't watch the whole thing, but did scan through it and it looks like someone turned the colour saturation down by 20 clicks.

I felt the color was muted too.

The 4k looks good not great. I haven’t seen the blu ray in years.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I didn't go through the entire list, but at least one movie seems to be incorrect. It lists "Stay Tuned" as 4K, but I don't see that at iTunes.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I didn't go through the entire list, but at least one movie seems to be incorrect. It lists "Stay Tuned" as 4K, but I don't see that at iTunes.
There's also a goof with the 2016 film Christine. It's not in 4K, but the 1983 John Carpenter movie with the same title is.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
To Catch a Thief new master is now on iTunes. That means 4K will happen in the next day or two. Audio changed from 2.0 to 5.1 and titles are now yellow instead of that ghastly pink. Framing now matches the more heavily-cropped Paramount Presents Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks