Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
Another Universal title has not received the 4K bump....THE BIRDS. I did write Universal regarding SPARTACUS. I received the message that they were "looking into it"
The 4K issue with "The Birds" is different than "Spartacus". The latter isn't available anywhere in 4K, while "The Birds" is in 4K on Vudu and Fandango, but not on iTunes. IMO that suggests the issue with "The Birds" is with iTunes and not necessarily with Universal.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
The 4K issue with "The Birds" is different than "Spartacus". The latter isn't available anywhere in 4K, while "The Birds" is in 4K on Vudu and Fandango, but not on iTunes. IMO that suggests the issue with "The Birds" is with iTunes and not necessarily with Universal.
Interesting. The machinations of the streaming services is very opaque

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
my copy of the goonies has updated to 4k.

has The Birds updated to 4k for anyone yet?
The Birds is not available in 4K at iTunes yet. Someone will post here as soon as it happens. Remember how late iTunes was with Airplane?
Another Universal title has not received the 4K bump....THE BIRDS. I did write Universal regarding SPARTACUS. I received the message that they were "looking into it"
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Yes, dear children, The Birds is finally 4K on iTunes.

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Trading Places, The Golden Child, and Coming to America should be getting upgraded when the new discs come out.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I swear to god, iTunes can’t get a release date right if it killed them. Back to the Future Part II is currently in 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos on my Apple TV unit, and yes I am playing it back in 4K as I write this. They may pull it down since it’s not due until October 20th, but holy crap iTunes, get your act together!

Neil S. Bulk

Screenwriter
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I swear to god, iTunes can’t get a release date right if it killed them. Back to the Future Part II is currently in 4K Dolby Vision and Atmos on my Apple TV unit, and yes I am playing it back in 4K as I write this. They may pull it down since it’s not due until October 20th, but holy crap iTunes, get your act together!
This is heavy.

• Haha
Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
Yes, dear children, The Birds is finally 4K on iTunes.
Great news about THE BIRDS. Universal has yet to respond to me about the lack of streaming SPARTACUS 4K after sending me an email stating "they were looking into it".

Reactions: Osato

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Industrious