What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I agree. I think the new stream looks spectacular. The best it’s ever looked.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I watched it last night on Vudu. TCAT 4K was a wonderful sight too see. Breathtaking Oscar winning cinematography ! I felt like I was on a the Riviera.aa

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Well, I guess we just have to disagree because I loved the look of this 4K/Dolby Vision stream. From now on, I will watch this 4K stream instead of my 2012 Blu-ray. I haven't compared the two which I might do when I have some time, but I thought the stream looked beautiful.

It should be interesting to read what others think of this new 4K/DV stream.

I'll check out the 4K tonight. As a reminder, even in the HD stream, I do agree that the colours on this transfer are far superior. I also prefer the sound BTW.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m still waiting on my copy of to catch a thief to update to 4k.
Is there a way to refresh without buying another digital title?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I’m still waiting on my copy of to catch a thief to update to 4k.
Is there a way to refresh without buying another digital title?
I'm sure I've said this before. On the device you are trying to watch it on, log out of your Apple account, and then log back in. It will take several minutes for your library to reload itself, freshly.

Update: Yep, I did say this in post #129

Last edited:

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
After checking out the 4K stream, we'll agree to disagree. I'm sticking with RAH (and the previous release) on this one.

Thanks for the observations.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I'm going to have to agree to disagree as well. I have seen this movie about 172,568 times and I am deeply dissatisfied with this transfer.

I don't spend much time in the blu-ray forum so I haven't read that thread and don't know what other's complaints are, but for ME I just object to the color here.

It just feels very COOL. Bluish. It feels like everybody would want to be wearing winter jackets rather than swimsuits, if that makes any sense...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Like I stated beforehand, I’m not trying to change anybody’s opinion. I’m very happy with this 4K stream and that’s it.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'm going to have to agree to disagree as well. I have seen this movie about 172,568 times and I am deeply dissatisfied with this transfer.

Wow! That's a lot of times! ;)

Let's see, if you watched it once per day, you would need to be 472 years old to see it that many times -- plus would have needed to start watching on the day you were born (and the movie wasn't created that long ago). You would have needed to watch it about 7.25 times per day since it's release.

:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegisav
Recent bookmarks