What's new

Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I subscribe through Amazon Prime

I literally just signed up for a 7 day trial of CBS All Access through Amazon Prime just to test this.

Here is the page with the TCAT artwork showing the UHD banner. Notice it says "included with your CBS All Access subscription," so you know I do have it.

B94381E4-4890-4305-9FC3-F98E3B34893E.jpeg

But when you actually play it, the pull down menu shows it playing in HD.

EBEECC57-2BC3-401F-98F0-BAA573859485.jpeg

This is getting silly, guys...

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I literally just signed up for a 7 day trial of CBS All Access through Amazon Prime just to test this.

Here is the page with the TCAT artwork showing the UHD banner. Notice it says "included with your CBS All Access subscription," so you know I do have it.

View attachment 78211

But when you actually play it, the pull down menu shows it playing in HD.

View attachment 78212

This is getting silly, guys...
Silly is an understatement!:biggrin:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I think it may be dependent upon where you subscribe to CBS AA. Amazon channels may be the key. No matter though, I’m confident that my iTunes copy will upgrade in the very near future and I’ll be all set.
If it's the same master used for the newest blu-ray, "upgrade" may not be the right word.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
If it's the same master used for the newest blu-ray, "upgrade" may not be the right word.
The new Jaws 4K is based on the same master as the previous Blu so “upgrade” may indeed still be the right word after all.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The new Jaws 4K is based on the same master as the previous Blu so “upgrade” may indeed still be the right word after all.

Does the latest transfer of Jaws have same issue(s) as that of TCAT?

Pretty sure @Worth is specifically referring to the problematic new transfer of TCAT as not necessarily being a real upgrade. Was not aware Jaws had similar issue(s).

_Man_

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Does the latest transfer of Jaws have same issue(s) as that of TCAT?

Pretty sure @Worth is specifically referring to the problematic new transfer of TCAT as not necessarily being a real upgrade. Was not aware Jaws had similar issue(s).

_Man_
No. My point was that many new 4K discs are based on previous masters already released on bluray and still offer substantial upgrades.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Ghost In The Shell 25th Anniversary has been upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Deep Breath........
CBS AA does not support 4K
Etc...........somebody help....;)

Ken is right - Season 2 of Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone is absolutely available in 4K Dolby Vision (though not the original series).

5F45C8AD-FB7F-4030-9305-F10940007207.jpeg

As I and @Cranston37 mentioned, CBS All Access does NOT support 4K. Read the link I supplied above.

Just for the record I have not said this. My posts were specifically about them having To Catch a Thief in 4K, not the service as a whole having it.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just for the record I have not said this. My posts were specifically about them having To Catch a Thief in 4K, not the service as a whole havin
My apologies for misquoting you. I have deleted that reference to you.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
image.jpg

How are you seeing it in 4K? Everything I’ve read on the web says CBSAA does not support it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Perhaps I have to upgrade to get 4K?? I’m on the cheapest plan.

Edit. You need to be a premium subscriber although still nothing clear about 4K support(although Cranston’s pic suggests otherwise). So vague.

Does CBS All Access support streaming in Dolby Vision or HDR10?

Yes! Commercial Free users can currently enjoy these premium video formats on select Apple TV devices with additional platforms coming soon. Content that is Dolby Vision and/or HDR10 enabled will be marked with badges on the show page.

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Gosh, Tino, perhaps a bit less vigor when you make a conclusive statement, because you never know when you might have to backtrack...;)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Another Universal title has not received the 4K bump....THE BIRDS. I did write Universal regarding SPARTACUS. I received the message that they were "looking into it"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks