Apple TV+ iTunes 4K Upgrades Thread

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Still no SPARTACUS 4K upgrade but GLADIATOR Extended Cut and PLATOON are now in 4K and Dolby Vision.

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
No fair. I already bought the theatrical cut for the 4K. I would have held out for the extended cut. :(
What’s weird is that the theatrical cut of Gladiator in 4K includes the extended cut but only in HD.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
The Birds is not available in 4K at iTunes yet. Someone will post here as soon as it happens. Remember how late iTunes was with Airplane?
and also that we are still waiting for To Catch a Thief in 4k?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
and also that we are still waiting for To Catch a Thief in 4k?
But we don't know that that's coming. It's not available on any service in 4K and Paramount has not announced that it will actually be released.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
When I opened up AppleTV+ app on my 4KATV, Beetlejuice isn't listed as a 4K/UHD title in my 4K/UHD library. However, when I go to the movies tab on AppleTV+, it plays back in 4K/DV. Also, it's listed on the iTunes app in 4K/DV and plays back the same.
Using the AppleTV+ app on my ATV device Beetlejuice and The Goonies are now listed in my 4K/UHD library.

Reactions: Osato

Osato

Senior HTF Member
But we don't know that that's coming. It's not available on any service in 4K and Paramount has not announced that it will actually be released.
true. It’s another one that should be released though as a 4k transfer was completed. as was the case for many of the other paramount presents titles that are now in 4K digital.

I kept my old blu ray so I’m hoping there is a 4k upgrade so I can see the new transfer for myself. I picked up the film on iTunes earlier this year.

it’s one of my favorites.

Cranston37

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Best wishes, everyone!
true. It’s another one that should be released though as a 4k transfer was completed. as was the case for many of the other paramount presents titles that are now in 4K digital.

I kept my old blu ray so I’m hoping there is a 4k upgrade so I can see the new transfer for myself. I picked up the film on iTunes earlier this year.

it’s one of my favorites.
With all the complaints about the new transfer I'd be just fine with it staying HD if that's what we would be getting with 4K...

Osato

Senior HTF Member
With all the complaints about the new transfer I'd be just fine with it staying HD if that's what we would be getting with 4K...
cool.
Yeah It doesn’t bother me as I have the older blu ray version.

I’d like to see the 4k transfer.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I think what he's saying is that the Extended Cut that is included as an extra with the Theatrical Cut is still only HD, while the Extended Cut that is sold separately is 4K...
Ah ok. Whenever it was first available I purchased the Extended Cut on its own.

Reactions: Cranston37

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So Ken Koc reported in a thread where nobody would see it, that Amazon now has To Catch a Thief in 4K (purchase version only, not the subscription one). So that answers the question of whether Paramount was going to release it. Now we have to see if our iTunes copies get upgraded or if this will be exclusive to Amazon.

Edit: It's on FandangoNow too, so it's coming to iTunes! Download the current version now if you don't want to lose it!

Amazon product

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
So Ken Koc reported in a thread where nobody would see it, that Amazon now has To Catch a Thief in 4K (purchase version only, not the subscription one). So that answers the question of whether Paramount was going to release it. Now we have to see if our iTunes copies get upgraded or if this will be exclusive to Amazon.

Edit: It's on FandangoNow too, so it's coming to iTunes! Download the current version now if you don't want to lose it!

Amazon product
thank you!!!!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
And apparently To Catch a Thief is also available in 4K on CBS All Access??? Anybody currently subscribed who can confirm this?

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav