What's new

It Is 1:20am Mountain Time...and WOOT! Your Prince Is In Full Effect! (1 Viewer)

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
*Does Dances* Ah, now that that's out of my system (It was ugly, imagine some wierd Homer Simpson/Elaine Benes dance)...I just came from my local Wal-Mart, they were laying out a Warner TV Show display, and of course I went right to it...

Picked up the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, read the price, BOOM! $21.96, I was expecting like $30...This is awesome, especially with the rebate offers, Warner, I LOVE WARNER.

I'll be going back tomorrow, money in hand, and picking up the rest of them...This is great, so anyone who is getting any of the Warner TV sets released this week, check Wal-Mart first.

What an awesome day, I've picked up Angels In America, The three disc SE of Mystic River, Garden State, Shadowlands, Raging Bull SE and Fresh Prince...Tomorrow there is more to come.

Also picked up Raging Bull: SE...what a good early morning. Well I'm off to watch F.P.O.B.A.

*beat-boxes his way out of the thread*.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I went out at midnight last night and picked up "Fresh Prince" and "Murphy Brown," both for only $21.96 each. Watched one episode each before going to bed last night. Very pleased.

Wezzo

Second Unit
My Fresh Prince arrived from the 'Net last Thursday and I've already watched it twice. :D Great to see all the episodes again, will pick up the rest of the WB sets soon.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
I won't be picking up my FPOBA until later in the week, so I have a question for those who already have it in-hand:

Is the full theme song (long version) intact on all eps? I will be SO disappointed if they went with the shortened syndicated version... (Not a deal-breaker, but definitely a disappointment.)

Wezzo

Second Unit
If you mean the version with the "I begged and pleaded with her, day after day, but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way.." verse, than that's intact on the 3 episodes it originally aired with (the first 3). To the best of my knowledge all the rest only ever aired with the standard version, which is how they're presented here.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Wesley...yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Re-reading my original post, I see that I wasn't clear on that point. I just wanted to be sure that the whole theme is "intact on all eps"...with "all eps" being the ones which originally included it.

Thanks! :)

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
Yea, they even talk about it a bit on the little special feature on disc 4.

I prolly watched the first few minutes of the first episode 10 times today.

*Bangs on Door* "Back To Life, Back to Reality"

"Homever Do YOU WANT ME, However Do You Need ME...HOW"

And then the parts where he's playing the beat on the glasses...I love it. The Memories...Soul II Soul

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone notice Warner goofed on the back cover for FPOBA? I just picked up that and Full House. I must say I am not a big fan of this style of digipak, even though it saves some space. having to remove one disc to get to another one irks me. However, reading the back of the FP case, I noticed that Warner left the reference to "2-disc set" intact after they reformatted everything to 4 discs. Oops on them.

Anthony Wolfe

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I can see where it would be a bit tedious now that I think about it (to put Disc 2 back, you have to remove disc 1 and so on), but I usually store my DVDs in a case, so I never thought of it that way. I just kind of like the design of the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks