What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/8/05 (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Hey, does anyone know which version of Raging Bull (one disc, or two disc) is included with the Scorsese Film Collection?

If it's the 2-disc, I think I'll pick up the box set. If not, I'll probably just get the 2-disc at Best Buy separately.

(And thanks for yet another great RoundUp, Mike.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Matt. What TonyD says. Its the 2-disc.

Gee Patrick...I figured you were just in hiding cuz the Falcons weren't in the Super Bowl. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Still have to root on the Pats (get it).

Finally got my Cable modem access back too!

I picked up "Before Sunrise" for $4.99 at CC while picking up the new cable modem (which is going back since my old one works again).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks Joseph (and everyone else)! Glad to know I can be of some help to our neighbors to the north. :emoji_thumbsup:

P.S. Anyone else want to weigh in on The Greatest American Hero controversy? Where's Dave Lambert when you need him? :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh. There he is.

Who was that masked man?! :D

Believe it or not, I'm walking on air.
I never thought I could feel so free.
Flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me.

–Theme song as sung by Joey Scarbury (The Greatest American Hero – 1981)

(moved to the top of this week's RoundUp)

Christi P

Agent
I just checked Amazon.com and they changed the 'Greatest American Hero' release date to 2/15. They used to say 2/8.

Christi P.

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Dave, what is going on? I've been on your site 2-3 times a day for past 2 weeks, looking at the release dates(there are 4-5 sets that are coming out thisa month that I wanted). GAH was listed Sunday morning for a 2/15 release date........then late yesterday(10:00PM) it changed. The 2/15 was listed under the relase schedule link there. What changed?

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks for the roundup Mike!

Just as a warning the West Side Story version pictured in the Best Buy "2 for $15" deal is the full screen version so be careful.

Chris S.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Okay...so I was all excited to add my Greatest American Hero tribute to the top of the RoundUp yesterday...and it wasn't until this morning that I figure it would be a good idea to include a line in the actual grid with the prices.

So, I have just included the following GAH prices in the grid back in Post #1:

Amazon.com $20.99
BestBuy.com $19.99
CircuitCity.com $19.99

Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air....... :D

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
WOW........Dave still hasn't popped up in the thread to answer my question yet. It now shows the 15th for GAH AGAIN......like it did Sunday morning. Man, this is interesting....Gord or Dave, would appreciate if you could pop up in here.:)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Ah, ok thank you for the clarification. And re Denis Richards, look at who she married.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Corbin: Dave responded as a courtesy to me after an e-mail request to shed some light on the disputed release date for GAH. While I know he checks in here regularly (mostly as a lurker), he has dramatically cut back his HTF posting time.

I guess we'll just go with what Gord posted today and wait another whole week. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks