What's new

Weekly RoundUp 2/8/05 (1 Viewer)

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Are you sure Greatest American Hero is another week away? My copy shipped last week from [Etailer name intentionally left out], and they usually ship immediately prior to the release date.

Believe it or not...

Jimmy!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Target is doing a special with Shark Tale in addition to the free watch: Buy Shark Tale and one of the following (Shrek, Shrek 2 or Spirit) and get $3 of with this coupon. It's good through 2/26.
There's also a $5 off coupon when you purchase SNL: The Best of Will Ferrell and The Best of Jimmy Fallon together before 2/14.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I'm telling ya. I have NEVER had such confusion with my new release sources as I have the past few weeks. I end up taking the approach of the majority rules. And, the majority of my sources told me GAH would be released February 15.

If I'm wrong...and it streets this week...I'm ready-to-go with my top of the RoundUp tribute. [Cueing up Joey Scarbury as we speak]

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, as always, Mike.

Big week this week:
Fresh Prince S1
Night Court S1
Punky S2
Raging Bull 2-disc (I wasn't planning on it, but that $15.99 price @ BB is tempting)
Roger Ramjet*
Shark Tale

*possibly. Still waiting to find an episode listing for it. According to various e-tailers, the release contains 120 of the (I believe) 165 episodes of the series. Since I already own 30 of the episodes from the previous 2 releases, I want to see how much overlap there is with the new release.

I'll also have to check out the Casablanca SE @ the FYE up here.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

What's to think about? It's only one of the best movies ever made, with arguably the best acting performance ever put on film!

I can't believe that I am going to [rant]finally[/rant] own this movie on DVD (I refused to buy the prior non-anamorphic disc)!

:)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

All of the above were love interests for Judge Stone, but Paula Kelly played Liz Williams, the Public Defender, in S1. Karen Austin was Lana Wagner, the Court Clerk, which would be filled in S2 and beyond by Charles Robinson's Mac. Night Court has had more cast changes than just about any other show that I can think of except Law & Order. BTW, Markie Post appears as Christine for one episode in S2 (the producers wanted her all along for the PD role but she was unable to get out of her Fall Guy contract until S3).

Obviously, I'll be picking up Night Court S1 this week. :D

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
Let me be the first to say, this week, only one for me, Bye, Bye Love. This is a great little divorce film. Who can forget about Randy Quaid's date from hell?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
All this Night Court info!!!

Is it safe to say, gang, that Selma Diamond and Harry Anderson's characters never had a "thing" for each other? :D

Have I mentioned my thing for Markie Post? :b

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Just Raging Bull and Malcolm X WB 2-Disc SE for me this week.

I wonder if Dave Lambert is gonna pick up Night Court. Hmmm. I really wonder...

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Went to Circuit City for the 2 for 20 offer, and they were out of most everything. There was a little bin in the middle of the DVD area, I wanted Goodfellas and Chronicles of Riddick, but both were gone (girl told me they only had four of each). And they wouldn't give me a raincheck, so that was a little upsetting. FYI.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
CC Question Guys:

Their 4.99 page in the ad has Friends under it. The pic is for the Best of S1 while the caption below it says Season 1-15 episodes.

The BF wants to pick this up for his mom, but we're not sure about the price. Has anyone been to CC and seen what the deal is? My gut is telling me the 4.99 price is for the best of...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I've added the catalog titles on sale at Circuit City and Best Buy at the tail end of the first post in this thread. Target only had new releases listed in their circular. CC and BB have Valentine's Day/romance DVD offerings for the bulk of the on-sale DVD titles.

My cable modem went out yesterday, and I'm connected up right now at my workplace (since I'm still suffering with no cable modem access after replacing the cable modem after the cable guy pronounced my current cable modem dead, grrr...), thus no catalog title info until now. Sorry for the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks