What's new

Issue with Onkyo TX-NR777 and BOSE 500 Soundbar in Zone 2 (1 Viewer)

YinYangCrab

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Here is my setup on the NR777
  • Bluetooth transmitter in Zone 2 Line Out connector that is connected to the BOSE 500 Soundbar.
  • Firestick in the Streambox HDMI connector
  • A CD Player in the CD connector
  • A Blue-Ray Disc Player in the BD connector
Also I don't have any other speakers set up - only the BOSE Soundbar through the Bluetooth connection.

My issue --> I can get all inputs (including FM) playing through the BOSE Soundbar except for the Streambox. I get a DialogNorm: +4 showing up on the NR777 when I switch to Streambox.

Any ideas/suggestions?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The receiver can only pass analog sources to Zone 2.

DougS78

Auditioning
Real Name
Doug
I'll follow on here as my question is related. We have a Samsung TV that outputs via HDMI "ARC" to the receiver (Onkyo; only outputs analog to zone 2).

Would there be any way at all to convert the digital to analog for zone 2 without compromising the ARC? I have a digital to analog converter, but given the setup there is no way that I can figure out to use it. There is an optical out of the Samsung One Connect, but in messing with that it appears that I would have to choose between the HDMI (and the ARC) in order to use optical, which seems like a non-starter (unless I'm missing something).

Would love to have our amazon prime music app in the TV play into zone 2, but guessing this is a lost cause without getting a new receiver that has conversion as a feature.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Including if my conclusion is correct that its just not possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks