What's new

ISF calibration - Courtesies to extend your calibrator? (1 Viewer)

Chris Biggs

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone please let me know what courtesies I should extend to an ISF calibrator coming tomorrow?

I want to be sure that I have everything ready for him and have him as comfortable as possible.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
A few things....make sure the TV is fully warmed up, that there's fairly easy access to the back of the TV, that the top of the set is clear (remove your center channel, for example), and that you've considered light control for the room.

Other than that, I personally don't ask for or expect a single thing. The odd glass of water is about it.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You could leave a tray of cookies and milk out for him or her. Or some roasted peanuts. Or order out for a pizza and make sure some beer's in the fridge.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I don't know about the beer ... it's like drinking and driving ... or giving a loaded gun to a child. Suddenly everything starts looking good ...

:D

Regards

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I try not to drink a drop. I've been stuck in traffic on the way home one too many times, if you catch my drift!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
LOL!!

I think this was an April Fool's Joke??

Chris, enjoy your newly calibrated Pioneer and please call me with any questions you may ever have.

Best wishes

Gregg

PS: thanks for the Atkins lunch and Diet Coke :)

Chad B

Stunt Coordinator
You know, one thing I find curious is that most of my clients try to shoo their pets away from me as soon as I step in the door. I'm an animal lover (I have 3 cats and a dog), and as long as I don't have the TV taken apart to adjust focus or something, I like to have the pets around and give them attention occasionally.
Also, as long as the client offers me water or soda, I'm happy. I have had a few order pizza, and I can't say I complained, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks