What's new
World Wide Stereo

Is this speaker arrangement optimal? (1 Viewer)

Alright, I got the bug to move to 7.1. I have a couple of boston micro110x's as sourround backs.
I've posted pictures of my setup before and you guys helped me get everything where it needs to be.
I have the new ones firing at the center of the couch. They are also set up directly across from the mains and at the same height as the rears.

Also, do you guys use anything to cover up the dangling speaker wire?

jrlaw

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Go to Home Depot and buy some plastic wire channels. They come in a long pack and are like small plastic tubes. I would run a line to the wall, then install and elbow and then run to the floor along the corner. The channels have an opening for putting the wire through without removing the wiring as done now. The channels have adhesive tape on the back and will easily stick to the wall. When installed paint the channels the color of the wall. You will hardly notice them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Personally, I would move the rears closer together, and maybe up if you can. The distance you have between them and the sides is very small.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Maybe a better idea to at least try is to actually aim the rear speakers up, and then re-calibrate their output. Ideally, you want a fairly diffuse soundfield from them, not direct sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sbaker1991
Recent bookmarks