Senior HTF Member
- Jul 3, 1997
- Real Name
- Ronald Epstein
PIONEER ELITE SC RECEIVERS “ELEVATE YOUR SOUND EXPERIENCE”
WITH DOLBY ATMOS TECHNOLOGY
Consumers “Feel Every Dimension” with Class D3-Powered Receivers
New York, CEA Line Show – Booth #44 (June 25, 2014) – Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is again one of the first manufacturers to integrate the most advanced audio technology into its home entertainment products with the introduction of three high-end Elite® SC receivers that will support the exciting new Dolby Atmos technology for the home. The Elite SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 9.2-channel audio video receivers are Dolby Atmos upgradable via a firmware update available by the end of the year and will make the multi-dimensional Dolby Atmos® experience a reality with their renowned Class D3 amplification technology, which can simultaneously deliver extremely high power output to all channels without loss in audio quality, and MCACC® Pro, a new enhanced version of Pioneer’s acoustic calibration system. Each receiver model also incorporates advanced technologies and convenient features including HDMI® 2.0, Roku Ready® Certified, HDBaseT™ (SC-89 only), multi-room and multi-source setup and playback configurations, ESS SABRE32 Ultra DACs™ (digital-to-analog converter), 192 kHz/32-bit audio scaler, iControlAV5 Application compatibility and more.
“Dolby Atmos is a new dimension in sound technology and it’s always our goal to be one of the first, and the best, in bringing these types of advancements into the home theater space,” said Chris Walker, director of AV product planning and marketing for the Home Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “The new Dolby Atmos upgradable Elite SC receivers, along with our new Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers, are the best way to experience Dolby Atmos because of their ability to provide ample power through Class D3 amplification, and room calibration feature with MCACC Pro.”
[*]Dolby Atmos – With Dolby Atmos, sound comes alive from all directions, including overhead, to fill the home theater with astonishing clarity, power, detail, and depth. Pioneer’s Elite SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 receivers will be able to decode and play back Dolby Atmos content for consumers to enjoy in their compatible home theaters. Combined with Pioneer’s new line of Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers, users will have access to the ultimate immersive home theater experience without having to install overhead speakers1.
[*]Class D3 Amplification – Pioneer SC receivers are engineered to operate at extremely high output levels with virtually no background noise or loss in performance, even when all channels are simultaneously driven at full volume. The Class D3 amplifier technology delivers incredible sonic performance and ultra-low distortion to release the true audio potential of high-resolution audio content as well as other high-definition uncompressed sources such as Blu-ray Disc™ titles. The Class D3 amplifiers produce the required power to maintain controlled and powerful audio response throughout the entire length of a Dolby Atmos experience.
· MCACC Pro – MCACC Pro fully supports the surround format of Dolby Atmos with an acoustic calibration system that automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, distance, and level as well as the room’s layout including ceiling height, and changes equalizer settings for an excellent audio response. MCACC Pro works with both Pioneer’s Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite speakers and in-ceiling speakers. Newly added to the 2014 MCACC Pro feature is the addition of independent dual subwoofer output as well as 4-band subwoofer EQ for increased sound quality in the low frequency range.
[*]ESS SABRE32 Ultra DAC – Each SC receiver uses multiple SABRE32 Ultra DACs to process information for each individual output channel, resulting in outstanding sound quality. The SABRE32 Ultra DAC produces warm, more natural audio as well as a linear response so audio changes are more subtle with less jitter.
[*]USB 32-Bit Asynchronous Audio DAC (SC-89 only) – The top SC model incorporates a USB 32-Bit Asynchronous Audio DAC allowing direct connection to both Windows® and Mac computers. Music played from the computer utilizes the highly accurate audio optimized clock within the receiver, resulting in less jitter and delivering studio-like audio reproduction. Additionally, the SC-89’s USB DAC supports DSD Native playback (both 2.8Mhz and 5.6Mhz) via Mac and Windows computers.
Simplified Operability and Installation
· Custom Installation – For advanced home theater control, the receivers are certified for compatibility with the most popular custom control brands including Crestron® and Control4®, and offer custom installation features including full two-way RS-232 and IP control.
[*]HDBaseT (SC-89 only) – The SC-89 model uses the HDBaseT standard for a one wire multi-zone connection. It enables the delivery of uncompressed high definition video and audio, over a single cat5e/6 cable to make setup and control of even the most complex home theater systems faster and easier.
[*]Multi-Zone Network Capabilities – The SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 are built for maximum installation flexibility offering a variety of multi-zone set-up configurations. All nine speaker channels can be reconfigured 11 different ways (12 with SC-87 and SC-89), all controllable from the receiver and/or user’s portable device via the iControlAV5 App (available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and Android™ OS devices). In addition to a true 9.2-channel speaker setup, each amplifier can produce a 5.1-channel configuration, with the extra outputs utilized for powering different zones that can be independently controlled.
All three models offer simultaneous entertainment from different sources in up to four zones – a main zone, a powered Zone 2 (two speakers in a second room), a powered Zone 3 (two speakers in a third room) and HDZONE (additional HDMI source to a fourth room). In these setup configurations, users have the ability to adjust tone (treble and bass), volume and balance (left and right), and the option to incorporate a subwoofer to create a more powerful 2.1-channel system (for Zone 2).
[*]iControlAV5 Application – Pioneer recently developed iControlAV5, a new app enabling wireless control over the features and functionalities of its 2012, 2013 and 2014 line of receivers from the convenience of various portable digital devices. The app incorporates multiple controls from basic volume adjustments and input selection to advanced features such as equalizer adjustments and management of audio settings and modes, including full control of the Roku® Streaming Stick. With both models, iControlAV5 adds AV Scaling, enabling manual override of a television’s native setting for easy adjustment of video scaling. The app is available at no charge from www.AppStore.com or the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The app is also available in Google® Play (www.GooglePlay.com) for Android devices.
[*]AVNavigator Built-In – Pioneer’s AVNavigator is a two-way interactive owner’s manual that removes the complications of setting up a receiver. New for 2014, the SC models feature AVNavigator built in, eliminating the need to upload the software to a computer or laptop. Simply connect the receiver to a home network and launch the web browser. The functionality is also included in the iControlAV5 app where users can tap the AVNavigator icon in the application. AVNavigator features Pioneer’s Wiring Navi application, providing an interactive guide walking the user through the entire receiver setup process including speaker arrangement, sound optimization, connecting sources, MCACC calibration, renaming inputs, and more. AVNavigator also includes an Interactive Operation Guide application providing a linked two-way operation guide that gives users a way to learn about the receiver’s features (i.e. a push of the standard surround button on the front of the receiver takes the user directly to the portion of the manual that explains the standard surround feature).
Expanded Connectivity and Entertainment Sources
· HDMI 2.0 – Pioneer was the first AV manufacturer to incorporate HDMI 2.0 into its line of receivers, bringing the latest advances in consumer entertainment into the home. Finalized in September 2013, version 2.0 of the HDMI specification offers a significant increase in signal bandwidth, now up to 18Gbps. The increased bandwidth provides support for new features such as 4K60p 4:4:4 color support. The 4:4:4 color support offers viewers the highest quality color reproduction available in content today, with no color loss when images are displayed on compatible 4K televisions screens. The ability to pass through a very high bandwidth signal without downgrading the image means that Pioneer receivers will serve as the perfect entertainment hub.
· Roku Ready Certified – All models are Roku Ready certified, expanding the user’s world of entertainment with access to more than 1,000 entertainment channels of streaming movies, music, TV shows, news, sports and more. Utilizing the receiver’s built-in MHL® Connection located at the rear of the Elite SC receivers, users can simply plug in a Roku Streaming Stick™ to start using the device. For additional convenience, both models offer full control of the service from a Roku stick via the receiver’s remote control as well as the new iControlAV5 app.
· Music Enthusiast – Offering a diversified listening experience, the receivers have access to today’s most popular Internet radio music services including Spotify®, PANDORA® and vTuner®. In addition, Pioneer incorporates the seamless connectivity standards of HTC Connect®, which enables wireless high quality music files to be shared between compatible HTC One® smartphones and Pioneer receivers.
The Pioneer Elite SC-85, SC-87 and SC-89 receivers will be available this fall with suggested retail prices of $1,600, $2,000 and $3,000 respectively. For detailed system requirements regarding Pioneer’s Dolby Atmos-enabled Elite Speakers please visit pioneerelectronics.com/elitespeakers.