What's new

Is this a recent change on the Forum? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
In the past, if I was the last person to post in a thread and wanted to post a follow-up after that last post, with no one posting in between, I would end up with two separate posts. Now, no matter what I do, whether I use the Quick Reply feature or the normal posting method, the second post is automatically added to the end of the previous post. Is this a new feature? It's not a big deal, but I had never experienced this before.
As a test, I am adding this as a follow-up to my first post. Let's see where it ends up. :)
It happened again. I use the Quick Reply feature, and everything ends up at the end of the previous post. I assume if someone were to post a reply to me, my reply back to them would end up in a separate post.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Keith:

Not really. I was attempting to cut down on duplicate posts. It is still not working right. So back to the usual way for now.

Parker

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Parker, O.K. Thanks. I noticed today that we are back to the traditional method...for now. ;) I appreciate your continued efforts to improve the running of this site. It runs great from my vantage point right now, but I commend your efforts nonetheless. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Keith:

Well, I did get it resolved so that if you post the same post within an hour it doesn't get posted. That will cut down on the duplicate posts being made. The way that the original author had it written it just added the most recent post to the earlier one that is why you saw the posts added to the end of a previous post. This way nothing new gets posted if its the same post.

--Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks