What's new

Is this a good deal? (1 Viewer)

Tom Garvey

Stunt Coordinator
This Compaq is $999. I've been to a couple of sites and tried to put something similar together and the price is not that much different.. So it seems like a nice machine at a good price.. Can I do better price wise >$100 difference anywhere?

PRODUCT FEATURES

Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 1.5GHz, with 400MHz system bus and 288KB total on-chip memory

Windows XP Home Edition operating system preinstalled

EA Sports and EA Games 5-title software bundle included

512MB 133MHz SDRAM, expandable to 1.5GB

40.0GB Ultra DMA hard drive

12x maximum speed DVD-ROM drive (32x maximum speed CD-ROM)

12x8x32 CD-RW drive

16MB nVidia Vanta graphics card

10/100 Ethernet networking card

V.90 high-speed modem

USB Internet keyboard

Ash Williams

Second Unit
Looks like a good system. The only problems I can see would be the video card, it sucks(if you play games), and you didn't list a soundcard so I'm guessing it is on-board, which can also be bad. But all of that for $1000 isn't bad. About the only way to get by cheaper is to buy the componants seperately using PriceWatch and than assemble it yourself. Does it come with a monitor?

Jeff_smart

Auditioning
Hi,

If its just a surfing station, yes its ok, but a tade pricy for jus surfing and stuff..

From a gamers perspective, the system lacks the heavy duty capabilites of the new Graphics cards and sound card.

Most compaq, dell, and gateway systems use integrated audio, and cheap video to drive down the price of the system. I think you're better off getting a system that has a kickass sound card and video card.

ATI RADEON all in wonder

+

Soundblaster Audigy or LIVE 5.1 platinum

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks