What's new

Hardware Review Yamaha RX-V375 Home Theater Receiver Review (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
osbdav said:
Howdy,
I am a vinyl lover looking for an AV receiver. I already have a decent preamp. I'm wondering if this receiver has the option to play my vinyl records (analog) without digital processing of the analog source. I guess I don't understand what "Direct Mode" or "Straight Decode" mean. Any insight or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the awesome review!
No. But the 475 can.

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v375_black_u/10654/7647 (bullet point 1)

Nestor B Bocaya

Auditioning
Real Name
Nestor B Bocaya
Hello! Please help me sort this out. I cannot play my audio cds and files if my TV is not switched on.
Details: My Yamaha RX V375 set up is as follows: Blue Ray to HDMI1, DVD to HDMI2, Cable Box to HDMI3 and TV AV Out to Yamaha Audio1. Yamaha HDMI Out is connected to TV HDMI In.
If the TV is on, I can play DVD, BlueRay and WD Audio alright BUT if I switch the TV off while any of these players are at work, the audio stops. If I play DVD, BlueRay or WD with the TV initially off, no audio comes out until I pull the HDMI OUT plug off from the Yamaha Receiver.
Kindly tell me what is wrong. Thank you.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
schan1269 said:
Audio only over HDMI, as you've discovered, doesn't work.Make a 2nd audio only connection.
I would use the DVD player, since it more likely has a secondary audio connection (coax digital, optical, or analog).

Nestor B Bocaya

Auditioning
Real Name
Nestor B Bocaya
Thank you, Sirs, schan1269 and Todd Edwin. I will reconfigure my connections based on your suggestions.

Nestor B Bocaya

Auditioning
Real Name
Nestor B Bocaya
schan1269, on 02 Mar 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:
schan1269 said:
Audio only over HDMI, as you've discovered, doesn't work.

Make a 2nd audio only connection.
I would use the DVD player, since it more likely has a secondary audio connection (coax digital, optical, or analog).

Thank you Sirs! It worked!

fitbydesigns

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt Chronister
Hoping for some help. My RX-V375 is running my living room surround sound. I just added an in-ground pool to my back yard and now have exterior speakers. Is there a way to incorporate my outdoor speakers to this receiver? The kicker is that I would want to choose to use interior and external speakers together or only one at a time. (Maybe some kind of switch).

Thanks your time.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks