What's new

Gateway GM5664 Media Center - A Review (1 Viewer)

robgrish

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Grisham
Parker,

I'm having trouble updating the software. Did you do a paid upgrade or were you able to simply update the drivers? Do you remember how you did it? My internet is working fine, but when it asks if I want to update and I say Yes, nothing happens. Mike, I did try selecting NO, but that doesn't change anything.

I looked on CyberLink's page but was not able to find anything.

Thanks again for your help.

Robert

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

It was just a shot in the dark. I've been running into a bunch of unexplainable PC anomalies lately. Such as...trying to help my son simply log-in to his new college's webpage for some much-needed orientation information. He had all the information to sign in...but it wouldn't let him. Finally, we clicked the "Remember Me" box near the log-in info and, for some reason, it took his data and logged him in. Crazy.

Good luck getting your drive to work. :emoji_thumbsup:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Robert:

All I did was insert a Blu-ray or HD DVD into my player and then the Ultra Power DVD came up and told me I needed to download the updated drivers. I didn't pay for anything. The software just connected to the software I needed and download it for me.

I am not sure what is going on but I will look into it.

Parker

robgrish

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Grisham
I've run that and it said that my computer had everything it needed to play blue-ray disks. Maybe I'll email Cyberlink and see if they can help me. I will say that I have never been in Media Center when I tried to play a disk

Thanks again for your help with this.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Robert:

Get the Media Center plug in that I have listed above in my review called Our Media Center and install it. Then go into Media Center and insert a Blu-ray or HD DVD. This should pull up Cyberlink Power DVD and it should pop up with the message to download the add ons you need for Power DVD. See if this way you can download the needed ad on.

Parker

tukamote

Auditioning
Real Name
alberto
this is a great unit i had it for about 8 months fast, reliable, and i only payed 750 for it.i add a wireless network adapter and have it connected to receiver for sound added another dvd rewriteble. the only thing i miss is a firewire conection for uploading video.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks