What's new

Is There Any Reason Why DRAGONSLAYER Couldn't Get A Great 4K Release? (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I bought mine a while ago and it's definitely 4K.
Something is afoot...

1670511658494.png

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Let me add that the screenshot I posted is from the Apple TV app on my MacBook. Dragonslayer is listed as 4K/DV in the iTunes Store app on my phone, but is also listed as HD in the Apple TV app on my ATV4K.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Let me add that the screenshot I posted is from the Apple TV app on my MacBook. Dragonslayer is listed as 4K/DV in the iTunes Store app on my phone, but is also listed as HD in the Apple TV app on my ATV4K.
Don’t get me started about the AppleTV app on my ATV4K units! I can’t get any of my ATV4K units to display my digital libraries through the AppleTV app. I can use the search function on the AppleTV app and pull up any of my library titles, but only individually when using the app with my ATV4K units.

When using the AppleTV app on my mobile devices like my iPhone and iPad, my libraries are listed like TV shows, Movies, Recently Purchased TV shows, Recently Purchased Movies and Watch in HDR. However, it won’t do the same using the AppleTV app on my ATV4K units including the latest model that was just released weeks ago.

Now as to Dragonslayer, when I use it AppleTV app search function on the ATV4K units. The movie does pop up and is listed as 4K with Dolby Vision and plays as such on my ATV4K units.

On my iPhone, using the AppleTV app, the title is listed in my Movies and Watch in HDR libraries as 4K with Dolby Vision.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I know about your issues with your ATV4Ks, Robert, and it truly sucks. I think this problem with Dragonslayer is just another example of how much further content providers need to go to in order to make the streaming experience as seamless as possible. For instance, on *my* ATV4K (3rd gen), Dragonslayer shows as being available for purchase in HD only, while on yours it's 4K/DV. Same with the phones. Why would this title show as 4K/DV on my PHONE (and yours) but not on my MacBook or ATV4K? It's crap like this that drives me bonkers. I'm sure you can relate. ;)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I know about your issues with your ATV4Ks, Robert, and it truly sucks. I think this problem with Dragonslayer is just another example of how much further content providers need to go to in order to make the streaming experience as seamless as possible. For instance, on *my* ATV4K (3rd gen), Dragonslayer shows as being available for purchase in HD only, while on yours it's 4K/DV. Same with the phones. Why would this title show as 4K/DV on my PHONE (and yours) but not on my MacBook or ATV4K? It's crap like this that drives me bonkers. I'm sure you can relate. ;)
This is the main reason I still like buying discs. Eliminates the guesswork.

johnmcmasters

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John McMasters
I can confirm it is also up in 4K/Dolby on Vudu. I just purchased the streaming version there, and I will be getting the physical disc as well. Love this film, and especially Alex North's score.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I paid $5 on sale, but that was over a year ago. YMMV.
That’s high. I would be patient if possible. It will drop to $4.99 again.
I bought the HD digital for $4.99 back in 2018. It's been reduced to that price at least ten times since then. It's been reduced to $6.99 and $7.99 a number of times too during that period of time. I don't know how much the 4K upgrade affects future price reductions, but I would be patient for a price cheaper than $9.99.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TheDiscfather is not a reliable source, unfortunately.

I'm not saying this won't happen, only that I'd wait to hear it from someplace not known for making a lot of crap up.
With a new 4K/Dolby Vision digital now on the streaming services, it looks more likely to happen than not. It's no guarantee, but it's a distinct possibility.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
TheDiscfather is not a reliable source, unfortunately.

I'm not saying this won't happen, only that I'd wait to hear it from someplace not known for making a lot of crap up.
what has he said that hasn't been released? Sorry, It's just everything I've seen him mention has been released on disc eventually. But I admit I don't follow him every week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks