What's new

Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end? (3 Viewers)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Was just coming to post the same... I managed to snag a "returned from the distributor" copy of the OOP S1 of Public Defender during their last sale (along with S2 which is also now OOP). It's a very good series. It's also on sale right now in a "Hal Roach Studios" sale (now through June 14th), along with all of the Little Rascals sets (including a few "returned from the distributor" copies of the OOP Set 1), a few of the "Streamliners," and Blondie (another well done BW series from them).
Whe you see the cast of talent running throught the series I HAVE to buy it!!

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Excellent price and stunning talent; a blind buy, but I trust you guys. Ordered today.
It plays kind of like an early Perry Mason without the same depth (it's a half hour so not a lot of time to add deep detail). While some of the cases are a bit mundane, overall it's a well produced, written, and acted series. It benefits from the simple fact that every story told is based on an actual case from a Public Defender somewhere in the US.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
And to top it off, the SRP is only $40 (the pre-order price is $24). The original two separate volumes were $40 and $60.

Can't beat that with a stick!
Yes! Any b&w TV , and crime show buffs should snap this up!
In June of 2019 I paid $21.51 for Season 1 and in August of 2019 I paid $23.90 for Season 2 both from ImportCD's.

In April of this year Season 2 sold on eBay for $26.25.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Just a reminder- there are now 4 completes seasons of The Adventures Ozzie And Harriet up for preorder on Amazon. Expectations are these will be remastered and restored complete episodes and we will eventually see the release of all 14 seasons. Thanks to Sam Nelson, MPI Home Video, and super fan Gary O’S ( who’s been advocating for this as long as I have been coming to this site!)
Who would have thought we would ever see this!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
In case you're not following the O&H threads... Those first 4 seasons are available in the current Target B2G1 sale (Ends 6/18/22 @ midnight PDT). All 4 are pre-orders...

Can't beat the price with that B2G1 offer...

Last edited:

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Just a reminder- there are now 4 completes seasons of The Adventures Ozzie And Harriet up for preorder on Amazon. Expectations are these will be remastered and restored complete episodes and we will eventually see the release of all 14 seasons. Thanks to Sam Nelson, MPI Home Video, and super fan Gary O’S ( who’s been advocating for this as long as I have been coming to this site!)
Who would have thought we would ever see this!
Thanks, Gary.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
With seasons one and two of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet having arrived at my doorstep earlier today, I just wanted to thank MPI for bringing the season sets to us!

Gary “thanks to MPI and Classicflix, b&w TV on DVD is still alive - hallelujah!” O.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I just received a shipping notice from Amazon that my Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet sets have shipped! I was disappointed that seasons' one and two never showed up for pre-order on Amazon Canada, where I could have used my prime membership for free shipping, but oh well. I hope that I have that opportunity for seasons' three and four, but if not, I'll get them from Amazon USA or DD.

Looking forward to seeing a proper chronological viewing of Ozzie, Harriet and the kids!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
This may be the greatest day in my mail-receiving life. After Amazon delivered my Ozzie and Harriet season sets, I received this in the regular USPS mail. A good friend of mine went to a recent show, where he got me this autograph. Not even something I asked for. Just something he did, because he’s a great guy.

I cropped the photo a little bit so it would show up better.

Attachments

• 9E461648-3ECC-468B-ADBE-5AC1F2C2A1A0.jpeg
    9E461648-3ECC-468B-ADBE-5AC1F2C2A1A0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
With seasons one and two of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet having arrived at my doorstep earlier today, I just wanted to thank MPI for bringing the season sets to us!

Gary “thanks to MPI and Classicflix, b&w TV on DVD is still alive - hallelujah!” O.
And don't forget Network in the U.K., Gary...they released the previously unreleased '60s version of Maigret complete and restored on Blu-Ray last year (as well as Gideon's Way, upgraded to Blu), and this year put out Mark Saber, Saber of London, The Vise, and The Cheaters on Blu, plus Richard the Lionheart on DVD. Not too shabby, all things considered.

And congrats on receiving the first two sets of Ozzie and Harriet on DVD (and that signed Jerry mathers photo)! You must be one happy camper!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
This may be the greatest day in my mail-receiving life. After Amazon delivered my Ozzie and Harriet season sets, I received this in the regular USPS mail. A good friend of mine went to a recent show, where he got me this autograph. Not even something I asked for. Just something he did, because he’s a great guy.

I cropped the photo a little bit so it would show up better.
Awesome! Ozzie and the Beav all in one day!

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
And don't forget Network in the U.K., Gary...they released the previously unreleased '60s version of Maigret complete and restored on Blu-Ray last year (as well as Gideon's Way, upgraded to Blu), and this year put out Mark Saber, Saber of London, The Vise, and The Cheaters on Blu, plus Richard the Lionheart on DVD. Not too shabby, all things considered.

And congrats on receiving the first two sets of Ozzie and Harriet on DVD (and that signed Jerry mathers photo)! You must be one happy camper!
True , and don’t forget Renown also UK appears to have access to the Four Star catalog , so maybe eventually we’ll see things like Trackdown and Saints And Sinners from them.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
SF hasn’t been interested in B&W TV in a while, but you never know. They need product to release and if something interesting came along they might give us a show or two!
Just wondering- has Shout Factory stopped releasing ALL episodic television, or do they still release recent shows?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks