What's new

Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end? (2 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
I wish...

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
David I'm rather pleased to hear that it isn't I'm Dickens He's Fenster. I'd much prefer something fresh that's never seen the light of day on physical media. Regardless, I'll support you and your ClassicFlix releases no matter what it is. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
David I'm rather pleased to hear that it isn't I'm Dickens He's Fenster. I'd much prefer something fresh that's never seen the light of day on physical media. Regardless, I'll support you and your ClassicFlix releases no matter what it is. :thumbs-up-smiley:

I feel the exact same way and was going to say as much. You beat me to the punch, Neal. :)

The 50's series I'm relatively sure about (although there are several that fit the description). The 60's series could be any one of a dozen or so series, although many of them don't fit David's initial description (from last year) about it not being rerun. That narrows the list down a bit. Hoping for one series in particular, but there are bunches of them I'd love. And regardless, I too will be supporting ClassicFlix no matter what. They deserve it!

Gary "without these guys the pickings would be slim indeed" O.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yes, it will be too, but as a summer replacement series it will be one likely few will have heard of (even though it has a former major studio star).

OK...so if it's "a summer replacement" that suggests that it's a network show rather than a syndicated one. Not guaranteed, but suggests. Hmmmm....

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I have no guess as to the late 1950's 13 episode summer replacement series from Classic Flix, but will be interesting to find out what it is.

As for the single season sitcom from the early 1960's, I'm keeping fingers crossed that it's one of these:

Tab Hunter Show
Tom Ewell Show
Peter Loves Mary

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Since you asked...

In the next few weeks we're going to announce a 13-episode complete series from the late 50's that is on no ones radar. Pre-orders will follow a few weeks after the announcement

Last year we teased an early 60s single season sitcom (over 30 episodes), but at the time didn't have the deal completed. We now have the deal done and will likely have news about it in the spring. I can tell you that of the few episodes we have scanned thus far from 35 original elements they are razor sharp and pristine (like they haven't been touched in over 60 years). Again, nobody is talking about this and it will come as a major surprise.

- David
David will these releases be full screen 4x3 formatted?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
He’s asking if the DVD version would be authored as a 4x3 disc, or if it would be a 1.33:1 frame pillarboxed within a 16x9 container.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Our discs are formatted as such that there won't be any issues with widowboxing if that's the concern.

- David
Wish u could do The Detectives but that is with Disney?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
It's a Four Star production, so yeah, most likely with Disney.
so sad isn't it === all the great stuff being locked away I talked with David a while back asked about Racket Squad and he said that is with Paramount all these studios sitting on great content BUT with MPI releasing Ozzie and Harriet soon to be 14 seasons released black and white tv is not over!

Last edited:

Likecats

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Since you asked...

In the next few weeks we're going to announce a 13-episode complete series from the late 50's that is on no ones radar. Pre-orders will follow a few weeks after the announcement

Last year we teased an early 60s single season sitcom (over 30 episodes), but at the time didn't have the deal completed. We now have the deal done and will likely have news about it in the spring. I can tell you that of the few episodes we have scanned thus far from 35 original elements they are razor sharp and pristine (like they haven't been touched in over 60 years). Again, nobody is talking about this and it will come as a major surprise.

A & C - Season 2 will likely go out to backers in the summer some time with wide release in the fall.

- David
Will it be Tate?

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
David any chance you might someday get the rights from ShoutFactory and finish The Defenders?
icon_e_praying.gif

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks