What's new

Is the b&w era of TV on DVD slowly coming to an end? (5 Viewers)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
It’s a running joke here at HTF that I really don’t care for The Defenders. I thought everyone knew that. LOL
I do now ha ha!

I guess you won't be liking my upcoming Defenders photo commentary.

Shameless plug.
icon_e_whistling.gif

ClassicFlix

Insider
Real Name
David
@ClassicFlix , I'm wondering David if you have access to any other Gross-Krasne Productions after finishing off O. Henry Playhouse?

I'd surely love to see Big Town, The Lone Wolf, The Adventures of a Jungle Boy, or African Patrol.
Sorry, but no. However, a lot of the times the way these things work (as was the case with O. HENRY) is that an individual collector reaches out to us with 16mm (and sometimes 35) and we make a deal to produce or outright buy the material/scans.

So if there are any collectors out there with good material, reach out directly to me here via PM or through the "contact us" section on our website.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
All of those fit the bill, but if I had my druthers I'd like to see a certain Gilligan's Island alum pop up in this slot. :popcorn:
I assume you're talking about The Jim Backus Show aka Hot Off The Wire. That one would also be interesting to see.

These aren't on my want list but here are three more one season sitcoms from 1960-61:

Bringing Up Buddy
Guestward, Ho!
Harrigan And Son

A few years ago, the GetTV channel ran episodes of Peter Loves Mary, I recorded them but I would welcome a DVD release with all 32 episodes complete and uncut.

Holiday Lodge and Oh Those Bells are two short lived, early 1960's sitcoms that I would like to have on DVD but I don't know what the chances are of those seeing the light of day.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I assume you're talking about The Jim Backus Show aka Hot Off The Wire. That one would also be interesting to see.

These aren't on my want list but here are three more one season sitcoms from 1960-61:

Bringing Up Buddy
Guestward, Ho!
Harrigan And Son

As I've said, I'll buy anything David and ClassicFlix release. But at the top of the early 60's single-season sitcom releases, for me, would be:

The Jim Backus Show
Bringing Up Buddy

Guestward, Ho!
Holiday Lodge

Gary "my tastes and Lee's seem to be opposite" O.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Oh Those Bells is not a highly rated show, from what I've read about it, it sounds like it's low grade, Three Stooges type fare, but I would like to view the episodes anyway and see what I think. I would welcome a DVD release of the series if it were possible.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Oh Those Bells is not a highly rated show, from what I've read about it, it sounds like it's low grade, Three Stooges type fare, but I would like to view the episodes anyway and see what I think. I would welcome a DVD release of the series if it were possible.
Sorry, but no. However, a lot of the times the way these things work (as was the case with O. HENRY) is that an individual collector reaches out to us with 16mm (and sometimes 35) and we make a deal to produce or outright buy the material/scans.

So if there are any collectors out there with good material, reach out directly to me here via PM or through the "contact us" section on our website.

- David
ClassicFlix Founder, Producer
Did u ever ask about Burns and Allen? Boggles the mind Sony let most of the Screen Gems holdings out Columbia/Sony bought Burns show years ago so Sony owns it

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I remember reading somewhere that after Larry had a stroke, Moe had actor Emil Sitka (one of only two actors who had appeared with all four Stooge configurations) take his place and were about to make an appearance but then Moe got sick with the cancer that eventually killed him and they were replaced...by the Wiere brothers.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Did u ever ask about Burns and Allen? Boggles the mind Sony let most of the Screen Gems holdings out Columbia/Sony bought Burns show years ago so Sony owns it
I am surprised Burns & Allen hasn't had an official DVD release, maybe it isn't quite as popular as other 50's classics such as I Love Lucy, Father Knows Best, and Leave It To Beaver. Considering how long it took for Ozzie & Harriet to finally get full season DVD releases, maybe there's still hope for Burns & Allen?

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I am surprised Burns & Allen hasn't had an official DVD release, maybe it isn't quite as popular as other 50's classics such as I Love Lucy, Father Knows Best, and Leave It To Beaver. Considering how long it took for Ozzie & Harriet to finally get full season DVD releases, maybe there's still hope for Burns & Allen?
On Burns and Allen it confounds for sure - they are great shows and a lot of seasons - wish MPI would look at it or ClassicFlix anyone its just sitting there I LOVE FKB more than I Love Lucy - Beaver is great what drove me crazy with Beaver is the poor kid never learned week he never learned anything, Screen Gems had a great run of shows though- wish someone would finish Donna Reed

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I do now ha ha!

I guess you won't be liking my upcoming Defenders photo commentary.

Shameless plug. View attachment 173661
Neal:

As a fan of The Defenders and a friend of Gary's who ribs him on a sporadic basis about his disdain for The Defenders, I'm looking forward to your Defenders photo commentary....and so is Gary...but he'll never disclose that to us! LOL! :rolling-smiley:

Sean

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Neal:

As a fan of The Defenders and a friend of Gary's who ribs him on a sporadic basis about his disdain for The Defenders, I'm looking forward to your Defenders photo commentary....and so is Gary...but he'll never disclose that to us! LOL! :rolling-smiley:
Sean
icon_e_funnypost.gif
Ha ha Sean,

My Defenders photo commentary was posted January 30th but I think we should let Gary enjoy his new Ozzie & Harriet before I reveal it's location here. And thanks for another shameless plug!

Btw, Gary has seen it and for some strange reason he didn't give it a like?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Neal:

Sean

Sean, are you trying to ruin my happy weekend? :rolling-smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks