What's new

Is 'SCREEN ARCHIVES' dead? (1 Viewer)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Does anyone know what's become of SAE, better known in these parts as Screen Archives Entertainment - a venerable website for movie and music lovers? They entirely missed posting a single new preorder for the this whole month and when I tried to contact them, no email reply has been forthcoming. They seemed to have ceased selling and responding to their queries too. Something very fishy here. I hope it's not permanent.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Does anyone know what's become of SAE, better known in these parts as Screen Archives Entertainment - a venerable website for movie and music lovers? They entirely missed posting a single new preorder for the this whole month and when I tried to contact them, no email reply has been forthcoming. They seemed to have ceased selling and responding to their queries too. Something very fishy here. I hope it's not permanent.
I believe the death of Screen Archives Entertainment has been greatly exaggerated.

The website is still up with a post with an update made on May 12th.

1621495414872.png

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I was going to say the same thing, they just released 2 new TT v2.0 films,

MESSALINA (AKA MESSALINA VENERE IMPERATRICE / 1960) (BLU-RAY)
SEVEN DEATHS IN THE CAT'S EYES (AKA CORRINGA or LA MORTE NEGLI OCCHI DEL GATTO / 1973) (BLU-RAY)

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
They completely missed May's Warner Archive pre-orders, have dropped the Paramount Presents...franchise entirely, and haven't posted a new pre-order update for Blu-ray's, save 'The Final Countdown in 4K, since the last week of April. Moreover, emails that used to get responses are now not being returned. Doesn't sound like someplace I'd like to dump my money if ever I was to see it come back. Just saying.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I watched Messalina with the Italian track (I think only Belinda Lee spoke English). Occasionally the track interpolated English words and phrases into the Italian. Molto funny, or very giocoso (take your pick). The image looks really good.
If you listen to the English track and use the subtitle option, be aware that the subs translate the Italian track and oftentimes they are quite different from the actors speak.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
If they keep up releasing the lost or neglected sword and sandal classics like Messalina, I'll be ordering over there like crazy!

Seems like it would be a great way to find a niche in the market. Partner with the Italians and start restoring, or at least getting them presentable, and releasing the peplum era films beginning with Hercules.

moovtune

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
Interesting that you've wondered about SAE too. I've been trying to sell them some of my soundtracks since September. I've sold to them a couple of times before, but since Sept I've emailed my list to them 4 times and even printed and mailed it to them once, but as of today, no response at all.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Great if they could do good widescreen releases of Hercules and Hercules Unchained. Even better a widescreen release of Sodom and Gomorrah with stereo sound, the original Overture, Intermission Music andfinale of act one.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
My most recent experience with SAE was very positive. I purchased several TT titles that were on sale that I hadn't purchased previously which included three Fox films, Whirlpool, Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter? and Bedazzled (1967). Who knows if these films will ever be released in the future now that they're owned by the Mouse House?

I placed my order Monday, received a shipping notification the next day and received my order through snail mail yesterday. It was well packaged with the Blu-rays wrapped in bubble wrap and topped with Styrofoam peanuts. Well done SAE! Plus, I'm still receiving emails from them weekly about new releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks