What's new

Irene Cara Of FAME and FLASHDANCE Has Passed Away At 63!!!! (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This is shockingly unexpected and tearfully tragic. She was a delight to both our eyes and ears in every performance. May God receive this beautiful soul and comfort her family and inner circle. 😢

R.I.P.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
My Lord right to the end of the year this tragic news keeps coming SHE WAS TALENT - May She Rest In Peace
Click Ms Cara in the Macys Parade

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I was a huge Irene Cara fan back in the day. May she R.I.P.
Two huge hits and she had talent = give her props she seemed happy just making music and not interested in being in the limelight - she was a wonderful soul she was doing a podcast “Flashdance” star Jennifer Beals was among the first of Cara’s colleagues to pay tribute to her talent: “Thank you brilliant Irene for your open heart and your fearless triple threat talent,” Beals, 58, posted to Instagram. “It took a beautiful dreamer to write and perform the soundtracks for those who dare to dream.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best remembered for "Fame" and "Flashdance (What a Feeling)", of course, but it's often overlooked that she did have a total of six Top 40 hits, and a seventh that peaked at #42.

"Breakdance" in 1984 was her third Top 10 (#8) hit on the Hot 100 and from the same album as "Flashdance (What a Feeling)". Another hit from that album was "Why Me?", peaking at #13.

Last edited:

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
This is shockingly unexpected and tearfully tragic. She was a delight to both our eyes and ears in every performance. May God receive this beautiful soul and comfort her family and inner circle. 😢

R.I.P.
You sir write wonderful words -

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks