What's new

Racquel Welch has passed away at 82! (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Racquel Welch has sadly passed away at age 82 after a brief illness! 😢💔
Sometimes I'm sorry that I'm reading this forum.
icon_e_cry.gif

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
All of the 80 plus stars we are losing were all wonderful guests on Johnny Carson spend time with the clips on youtube and see what late night was really about comedy SO many lost in the last few years they live on thanks to Carsons archives

Sultanofcinema

Second Unit
Real Name
Joseph Barrett
I remember seeing her in both One Million Years BC and Fantastic Voyage as well as Bandolero, Flareup And Lady In Cement when they opened. Loved her in the Three And Four Musketeers. Great story. Dir/Writer/Producer Tom Mankiewicz was directing Mother Juggs And Speed. Tom was warned by Robert Donner that she might me difficult and ask for certain things. He visited Raquel in her trailer the first day and she told Tom she felt her trailer was smaller than Bill Crosby's. He assured her it was the same size and that because she brought along her personal makeup artist, hairdresser and assorted other assistants that they took up more room in her trailer. She again asked him to find her a larger trailer. He told her OK, did nothing and the issue went away. I also remember when she sued UA publicity Dept over being in the red white and blue bikini on the one sheet of Fuzz as she was never in that bikini in the film. Lastly, she would have been Domino in Thunderball and Zanuck from Fox asked/wanted Cubby Broccoli to release her for her role in One Million Years BC.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
My wife saw her on stage in Victor/Victoria. (!!) How she could hide all that femaleness and play a woman playing a man impersonating a woman, is beyond me. A great beauty and a Hispanic woman, lest we forget.
May she RIP.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to hear of her passing. May she RIP.

In terms of sex appeal, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention her memorable role as Lilian Lust in 1967's Bedazzled. (There was obviously more to her than just her appearance, but it was that beauty that skyrocketed her to fame.)

- Walter.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I was never a fan and I won't miss her, but I must admit at this moment of her passing that that she was really good in both The Wild Party and Fuzz. Perhaps if she had worked with better screenplays and better directors, she might have made a bigger contribution.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
When I was a very young child (3? 4? 5?), I asked my mother who were the best-looking people in the world - the handsomest man and the most beautiful woman? She said Robert Redford and Raquel Welch. So, for more than 50 years, I’ve always had in my head that Raquel is the epitome of beauty, and she always will be.
RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks