What's new

Christine McVie has passed (1 Viewer)

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Was there any song -- at least on Fleetwood Mac, Rumors, and Tusk -- that she didn't have a major hand in writing? A couple of Buckingham tunes. But not much else, I think. "Sara", maybe.
She was the real songwriter Buckingham was a huge talent in shaping the tunes - Stevie gets the spotlight but Christine wrote the songs that get played over and over ---

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
She was the real songwriter Buckingham was a huge talent in shaping the tunes - Stevie gets the spotlight but Christine wrote the songs that get played over and over ---
One her best solo songs ----- The One === listen to the words she puts in this

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

I haven't played guitar in ages, but back when I was doing so, I played a few Mac tunes. Mostly the ones that Nicks was noted for: "Landslide", "Beautiful Child", "Sisters of the Moon", et alia. Mostly because they were the easier ones to play (I'm not an especially good guitarist). But McVie's songs were the ones I liked listening to most.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I haven't played guitar in ages, but back when I was doing so, I played a few Mac tunes. Mostly the ones that Nicks was noted for: "Landslide", "Beautiful Child", "Sisters of the Moon", et alia. Mostly because they were the easier ones to play (I'm not an especially good guitarist). But McVie's songs were the ones I liked listening to most.
About two months ago she was talking about back pain - then she just consigned her historic pianos and entire life's items with Julien Auctions guess if would read between the lines we would of saw this When Rolling Stone spoke with McVie in June, she was excited about her new LP Songbird (A Solo Collection), but very skeptical that she’d ever return to the road with Fleetwood Mac. “I don’t feel physically up for it,” she said. “I’m in quite bad health. I’ve got a chronic back problem, which debilitates me. I stand up to play the piano, so I don’t know if I could actually physically do it. What’s that saying? The mind is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
About two months ago she was talking about back pain - then she just consigned her historic pianos and entire life's items with Julien Auctions guess if would read between the lines we would of saw this When Rolling Stone spoke with McVie in June, she was excited about her new LP Songbird (A Solo Collection), but very skeptical that she’d ever return to the road with Fleetwood Mac. “I don’t feel physically up for it,” she said. “I’m in quite bad health. I’ve got a chronic back problem, which debilitates me. I stand up to play the piano, so I don’t know if I could actually physically do it. What’s that saying? The mind is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Unfortunately, it's seemed for a while now that each time we see the end of a bad year, we just end up with another bad year to replace it.
I think it becomes more noticeable and depressing as many of the stars we "grew up with" are passing on. That and knowing we're likely not too many years behind them. :(

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I think it becomes more noticeable and depressing as many of the stars we "grew up with" are passing on. That and knowing we're likely not too many years behind them. :(

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
In one week Irene Cara and now Christine McVie ----- more cd from both would have been wonderful ==

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Stevie Nicks just posted
1669845836198.png
1669845851370.png

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
My 1st ever rock concert was the reunited Fleetwood Mac of the late 80's at Madison Square Garden -- several of us close friends actually flew down from college up in Ithaca for it w/ tickets from my then-GF's well-to-do Mom. Had front row roughly 1/2-way between dead-center and left side (right in front of some giant, blasting speakers to which my virtually narcoleptic college self still dozed off for a few? minutes during the hard-rocking opening act before FM took the stage, LOL). Fantastic concert, especially when a crazed-looking Mick performed his suggestively dazzling, digital(?)-body-percussion solo around midpoint...

RIP, Christine...

_Man_

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
RIP, Ms McVie.

While she may not have had as high a profile as Stevie Nicks, in terms of silky vocals and pure music craft, she was at least on par if not better (IMO).

As Long As You Follow, to me, was one of the best songs on the Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits album (1988), and that's saying something!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
RIP, Ms McVie.

While she may not have had as high a profile as Stevie Nicks, in terms of silky vocals and pure music craft, she was at least on par if not better (IMO).

As Long As You Follow, to me, was one of the best songs on the Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits album (1988), and that's saying something!
Forgot that one === she was a classically trained pianist remember her saying her father wanted her playing classical and hwnever she could she would play Fats Domino!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I understand your sentiment, but I've learned not to wish my life away too quickly... You'll get that when you're my age, if you aren't already.
I started doing that too. Every day.. just try to do the things that make you happy. Don't wait for a weekend or time off from work or whatever. just do it! One of the reason I went ahead and got me 2 husky shepherd puppies back in May even though I already have 2 dogs. :)

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I understand your sentiment, but I've learned not to wish my life away too quickly... You'll get that when you're my age, if you aren't already.
Oh believe me , I do. Next year holds no special power and promises nothing different. What I really meant by that statement is the "season of suffering " that has been upon us since 2020 or so."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks