What's new

Integrating video games into home theater rack? (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
That's good to know, Jed, thanks for the info. My receiver's definitely NOT on the large side, so I should be alright. According to the manual, it's (16-9/16 (W) x 6-4/16 (H) x 15-6/16 (D) inches, which I think should fit okay, right?

That's cool about the wiring hiding. That will DEFINITELY help!

aldamon

Second Unit
The media talks about console "wars" all of the time. Pft. What console "wars?" You guys bought them ALL. LOL. Nice systems guys.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You guys bought them ALL.
That quote is so true for those of us who own things like the Jaguar, SegeCD, 3DO, TurboGrafx-16, etc....you have to own them all, this isn't Lord of the Rings you know, there will hopefully never be one console to rule them all.

Multiplatform its the only way to live!

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Very nice, Evelio! Love that sleek Elite finish. I especially like the Yoshi pointer.

Kelley,

You don't own a TurboDuo, do you? I can't find one for a price I'm willing to pay. I figure $100 would be fair but they're all much more than that.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Camp no I don't own a TD anymore I sold it to get my Neo Geo about two years ago, its one of the many stoopid mistakes I have made in this hobby. I later sold the NeoGeo to buy a MVS cabinet but wound up spending the money on an engagement ring, stoopid me again :D .I do own a standard Turbo though. I have found new TDs in the box for $200. I have many times tempted to buy one, but I keep on holding out for the white JPN TurboDuo-R which has the 6 button controller for Street Fighter II...god I'm such a nerd!

Evelio Figueroa

Second Unit
I especially like the Yoshi pointer.
Its easy to add this to your web page. Right click and Save target as..on this link.
http://www.geocities.com/figarou_dvd/yoshi_walk.ani
Once its on your PC, upload it to your website. Then add this code between the HEAD TAGS
(style type="text/css">
(!--
BODY { cursor:url("yoshi_walk.ani"); }
-->
(/style>
Replace ( with < in 3 places. (style (!-- and (/style

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
No she doesn't Camp :b

BTW - I don't want a TurboDuo-R....I want a TurboDuo-RX, how could I have been so dumb and thought the -R had the 6 button pad, everyone knows its the -RX that has it! Duh!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Got my rack! It's bigger than I expected! It's pretty solid! It'll work well for what I need it! I'm just waiting on my new Bell'o speaker stands now! I've got a week off so I can rearrange things next week! I'm using a lot of exclamation marks!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
:) Once I get it all set up, I'll be borrowing a digital camera from work, don't worry, Kelley ;)
Still to get stands for the rear speakers, that'll have to wait till payday I think. Doesn't need to be anything as fancy as the Bell'o ones (and they weren't that expensive!) - just something functional. Need a decent shelving solution for media still, but got a few ideas on that.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
What type of equipment do you use? I believe I remember you saying you had Axiom speakers...? I will have to update my pics sometime soon as after this weekend I will no longer have my Mits HDTV.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I have a very cheap & very basic set-up at the mo', don't even have full 5.1 yet. Pair of Axiom M3ti speakers up front (which are superb). Pair of cheap KLH speakers for rear. No centre/sub yet. Receiver is a basic Pioneer VSX309D job - simple, straightforward, perfectly fine for our apartment. Got a Toshiba 3019 (I think) DVD player. TV's a regular 36 inch Toshiba, not HDTV unfortunately.
Combine that with a DC, NES & probably an XBox soon, which is why I just got that AV rack to store stuff properly. :)
The eventual goal is to get a pair of Axiom M22 to use as fronts & move the M3ti to the rear, combined with a suitable Axiom centre speaker. Really happy with my Axioms. The DC sounds great through them :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Yeah the DC sounds great through my good ol' Klipsch speakers. The DC had such a great sound chip...to say what many others have said, the DC died a very untimely death.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Anyone got any reccomendations for a SVideo/composite switchbox? Automatic would be ideal, but I know they get pricey.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I've been using the Pelican switcher for a few months now and it works just fine. It even comes with labels, although not enough of the right ones (no NES and SNES labels dammit!)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks