What's new

Digital Audio Cable Question (1 Viewer)

Brian Lindemuth

Auditioning
Hello,
I recently purchased an xbox. I decided on the xbox over the other products because of its ability to provide the best quality picture and the only one on the market to support true Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. My problem however is this. While I've read on one of the boards that it is progressive scan for the games, it is not for the playing of DVD movies. Therefore, I plan to use my current DVD player in my home theater still. However, I only have one optical digital IN connection on my reciever. I have two S-video connections on my TV, so that is not a problem, but the audio is. Is there some type of splitter device that can be used to integrate two optical digital cables into one or perhaps a swith box? I'd really hate to have to pull out my component rack every time to swith the audio between my xbox and DVD player. Please excuse my ingonorance on this subject as I'm still learning all the ins and outs of home theater setup. ;) Thanks in advance for any help you may have.
Sincerely,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks