What's new

Indy DVD Inserts Wrinkled (1 Viewer)

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I got my Indy set early this morning. It's a great looking set, but all three of the inserts are wrinkled. The third one is badly wrinkled. I wonder if this is just a bad set, or if a great number of them are like that. If it's just mine, I will return it. But if it's likely that most of the sets have wrinkled inserts, I will just keep it. So, that brings me to the question: Are yours wrinkled?

I would like to try to determine if the wrinkled ones are coming from specific retailers, or if they are a problem everywhere. Please note where you purchased your set. I got mine from Wal*Mart.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
On a side note, I saw several sets at Wal-Mart this morning that had the bonus disc that I thought was a Best Buy exclusive.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
No wrinkled inserts, but the paper that holds the bonus disc to the box (I bought my set at Best Buy) is a little loose on the bottom and the sides. Oh well, no biggie. I'm just glad to finally have these movies on DVD. :)

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Where is the bonus disc attached? Just curious because I was in the first ten people going into Best Buy and I was in such a hurry to grab this and Dragonslayer, I forgot to see if the bonus disc was included. I am back at work and it is still in my car.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Crap! Ugh, I'm missing the insert for Temple. ERGHH anything I can do about this short of returning the whole set to best buy and try again?

Last time I had a missing insert (Kiki's Delivery) I exchanged, and lo and behold the fresh one had the insert missing as well. Bat batch it seems.

Kalle Karpaasi

Auditioning
Box back cover art badly wrinkled, inserts slightly wrinkled here. One of the inserts was loose and another one was upside down. Nothing to take it back for though.

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
No wrinkles or missing inserts here.

It's behind the disposable sheet, in a flat plastic "TrimPak" case. The sheet will say "FREE EXCLUSIVE FIFTH DVD" on it.

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Damn, I don't think I got it then. I will have to double check but I don't recall seeing anything about the 5th disc on the packaging.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
It seems the cover art is removable. I wrote the same wrinkle complaint in the review thread, and some mentioned they had removed it. Apparently, it's intended to be removable.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
No wrinkles and bought at Best Buy. By the way, there was no mention of the fifth disc on the package but it was tucked in there on mine.

WadeB

Stunt Coordinator
It seems the cover art is removable. I wrote the same wrinkle complaint in the review thread, and some mentioned they had removed it. Apparently, it's intended to be removable.
If by cover art, people mean the piece of paper on the box that begins on the front where it says “widescreen” and then wraps down the back and to the bottom, then yes mine is very wrinkled, and yes it is easily removable. Underneath that ugly paper there is a nice portrait of Indy. The box looks much nicer this way.:emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Hess

Second Unit
Mine are fine, but I picked up the one without the extra disc. Is it really that good? :frowning:

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Tim, don't sweat not having the "bonus" disc. It is essentially what you paid for. Not much to it. I believe it is simply excerpts from a 1987 "making of" of Raiders. It is strictly on the set footage and is about 10 minutes in length.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks