What's new

Blu-ray Review Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures Blu-ray Review (2 Viewers)

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Indiana Jones - The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray) (Limited Edition)
Star-grey.png
(2 reviews) Write a review Add to Wishlist JB Admin
4433600.jpg

Ready to Ship

Format

Blu-Ray Boxset

Genre

Action / Adventure

Running Time

464 mins

Aspect Ratio

2.35:1

Languages

English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1)

Rating

M

Available

12-09-2012

Actors

Blanchett, Cate,
Connery, Sean,
Ford, Harrison,
Allen, Karen,
Elliot, Denholm,
Doody, Alison

Sourced

Australia

on-sale-now.png

Also Viewed

More from Australia same retailer also on line

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
The reflection is gone only when Indy falls into the Well of the Souls. When Marion falls and faces the cobra, the reflection is there. I wish they'd make up their mind. Actually, I wish they'd just leave it alone.

Matt Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all---
Thanks for the review and information.
Does anyone know if a separate set including the BR original trilogy will be released? I bought the 2-disc BR version of SKULL when it was released, so I have no use for that one.
Thanks,
matt

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It took 5 years for the films to be released individually on DVD after the first boxed set was released.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was going to hold off purchasing this set for awhile, hoping for a price drop. However, between this encouraging review, a small price drop on Amazon and the title appearing ion my Amazon Gold Box for another $3 off, and discovering I had a $30 Amazon credit, I ended up ordering the set now (my final cost will be under $30). Too many things were falling into place to hold off. :)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I purchased my set from Best Buy as I had $10 Reward Zone coupon, but I went to Target after for something else and they have no Indy BD sets at all. Curiously, I asked the clerk and he said they were not getting any in until tomorrow - not sure if this is because of the lithographs or what.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just purchased mine at Walmart for 64 bucks the same price at Amazon. I was asked as I was checking out if i wanted the 2 year service plan and I would have to pay for it now. I have NEVER been asked this question before on any blu-ray purchase. What is going on? They said it is always asked with video games and now with this bluray so it is up to me. I said no. I said Amazon has always backed their product no matter how old. Can any of you tell me if this has happened to you?????????

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Mark Collins said:
I just purchased mine at Walmart for 64 bucks the same price at Amazon. I was asked as I was checking out if i wanted the 2 year service plan and I would have to pay for it now. I have NEVER been asked this question before on any blu-ray purchase. What is going on? They said it is always asked with video games and now with this bluray so it is up to me. I said no. I said Amazon has always backed their product no matter how old. Can any of you tell me if this has happened to you?????????
It's just their way of ripping off their customers some more. A service plan on a BD should be almost pure profit, but some ignorant customers will probably agree to buy it.

P

Patrick Donahue

Dave H said:
I purchased my set from Best Buy as I had $10 Reward Zone coupon, but I went to Target after for something else and they have no Indy BD sets at all. Curiously, I asked the clerk and he said they were not getting any in until tomorrow - not sure if this is because of the lithographs or what.
The poster art - 2 each of Raiders, 1 each of the other films. Very nice, actually. Printed on a heavy stock and numbered.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
Yeah, that's been happening for awhile. I involuntarily laughed out loud the first time a clerk asked me if I wanted to purchase a protection plan for a Blu-ray.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Ya I know!! But here is another strange thing about the set. The box had a sticker on the shrink wrap which peels right off without damage to the wrap and states these discs were made in Mexico. I do not care where they were made but is Walmart putting out their own sets. She said it came up that way. I suppose now I should return them and get Best Buy to price match.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Technicolor's main DVD and Blu-ray manufacturing plant is in Mexico, and Paramount uses Technicolor almost exclusively.

So, I do not understand your question about WalMart putting out their own sets....

Originally Posted by Mark Collins /t/323771/indiana-jones-the-complete-adventures-blu-ray-review/30#post_3976932
Ya I know!! But here is another strange thing about the set. The box had a sticker on the shrink wrap which peels right off without damage to the wrap and states these discs were made in Mexico. I do not care where they were made but is Walmart putting out their own sets. She said it came up that way. I suppose now I should return them and get Best Buy to price match.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I am sorry I did not state it like I should have. What I meant was is Walmart having the blu-rays made I know it sounds crazy just for them. I know of a store a large chain here in my area that does have tvs made just for them name brands so they can compete with Best Buy. Yes this is a true fact. I just phoned Best Buy the sticker is there and they too offer the 2 year plan if you scratch it and so forth they said.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Todd though for the info. You were right and BB had the sticker too. The service plan thing has been going on for quite awhile is what BB told me just now on the phone. Now I think I shall open the case and enjoy the movies. Thanks Guys

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I also from what I understand need to hang on to the bonus material disc from 2003 and the Crystal Skull BD because all is new for bonus material. I have a Raiders of the Lost Ark Classic Featurette 1981 2003 date inside my dvd box. Must have been something Best Buy gave me when I bought it from them. The movies are all tamper free from what I have read. I have the 3 orginal Star Wars movies when they first came out pan and scan and I have been told here in the forum to hang on to those.
Thanks again Guys!!!!!

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Anyone else have trouble getting these discs out of their sleeves? I really had to wrestle with the bonus disc.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
Yeah while I like the packaging as a whole, I don't like the way the discs are held in the sleeve. Hard to pull out.
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks