What's new

Indiana Jones Moved Up to Oct 21 (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I guess, I'll relent when my Pre-Order at Buy.com says "Shipped" on October 19th, since they always ship my pre-orders three days before they come out, to arrive on my doorstep on Tuesday.

But God Forbid WAL-MART be wrong... lol.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I still don't believe it's coming in October -- I need to hear something from Paramount.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Ted,

It's a public perception problem. To tape a change to the pop-ups, it looks half-assed. Although there are a lot of folks who are excited for this review, would you like a lacadazical stigma attached to the product?

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
but seriously though, other than us DVD freaks who keep up to date with these release dates, how many casual buyers who walk into the store will actually REMEMBER the November 4th date. They'll most likely only remember seeing the Indiana Jones poster but not the date.

As for us, since we keep up with DVD news, they don't have to worry about us not knowing about the date change if there is one.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Really, if this DOES turn out to be the date, then I'm gonna crap, and my credit cards will commit hari kari.

Same week as Battlestar Galactica, Taken, Dark Angel S2, and S1 and S2 of Dick Van Dyke Show? SHEESH! And for fans of Law & Order (which I'm not; no flames, please...just never catch the shows) both CI - S1 and SVU - S1 come out that day, too.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well Dave, I will be buying Dick Van Dyke on the 21st, but Nov 4th isn't exactly a light day for me (To Have & Have Not, Laura, High Sierra, Finding Nemo, Dark Passage). So for me, it would definitely be easier to buy on 10/21.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yep Justin...had to make a round of the HTF one last time before I got ready to hit the road.

Heck, it's Tuesday...I might even have to buy some DVDs today before leaving town! :eek:

Tony Scello

Second Unit
The plot thickens...

Appearently, this is for real. Can't say I'm disappointed to have the Indy Trilogy 2 weeks earlier than expected:)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Well the date on the Paramount site makes it official indeed, then. It's good. November 4 was already a killer of a date, plus with the 11th looming as well. Not to say that October is a light month by any means :D Boy boy boy...

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I just have to say I am appalled that Paramount has changed the date! It was obviously the director's intent for the release date to be November 4. It's a conspiracy between the studios and the government, along with Colonel Sanders and the Princess Di.

:D:D:D

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
My wallet just jumped out the window in a fit of depression... as it's obviously going to be EMPTY all fall.

;)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
GREAT news!!

However, who said that Paramount was afraid of competition?? This set will be one of the best selling DVDs EVER! I guarantee that! There is no competition WHATSOEVER! I am sure the move decision has to do with being able to fill orders or something like that.

And for those who gawk at street date change, may I remind you that one of the SPECIAL EDITION Star Wars films release dates was changed AFTER all the advertisements (TV spots, posters, etc)were made?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks