What's new

Indiana Jones bonus dvd at Future Shop (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter

I'm pretty sure I recorded this stuff on videotape from when it first aired on cable in the 80's, but if it is available on this bonus disc it would be sweet. Especially if it's also available at Best Buy!

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Just got off the phone with Futureshop... It IS indeed a fifth disc. Couldn't verify the contents though...

They also don't know specifically when you can preorder and take advantage of the special pricing offer as well, but in case you didn't know already, they don't ship stateside...

I hope that Best Buy is also doing the same thing....

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I like that you have "Best But" typed. :)

10 minutes does seem a bit skimpy, since the actual "Making of" is about an hour.

Memories, friends and 8 by 10 minutes.

Still I guess it's better than nothing.

Neil

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Will this be as much fun as pre-ordering Die Another Day for the Bond girls disc? I sure hope so...could I get Paramount's phone number now so I can call them since Best Buy won't take care of a mess up?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Isn't the actual "Making of Raiders" special like an hour long? This bonus DVD can't only be 10 minutes long......at least I hope not. If it is the full hour long special, that would be a pretty sweet bonus(especially since the full Making of Raiders isn't on the 4th disc in the box set).

Jerome

Second Unit
the bonus disc from The Paramount Box set has a different artwork than the Future Shop Bonus Disc

Paramount :

Future Shop

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I guess this is only relevant to Canadians, but Best Buy and Future Shop *never* have the same "bonuses"...they are direct "competitors", even though owned by the same company and the stores are generally located close together. In fact, BB hardly ever has bonuses, while FS very commonly does for major releases. Also, FS almost never runs out of bonuses during the promo period, while BB (at least here) typically does after a few days (or less). And since FS price-matches within 30 days and also does it with Canadian web sites, it's pretty hard to lose by preordering this set at FS and getting the bonus disc.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
I doubt the bonus disc will be at the Canadian Best Buys because it says on the ad that it's "Only at Futureshop".

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
As has been the case with past Best Buy bonus discs (TNG box sets, DS9 box sets, Fast and Furious Tricked Out, and Die Another Day among them), it looks like it will be available in stores with the box. The spot online said that it would be available "for a limited time", so I'm assuming that they will in fact be in stores.

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
What they OUGHT to do is allow you to pick it up at the store WHEN you pre-order it online!!! I can't believe that they don't have that option (or at least with their old site... I haven't ordered since their "upgrade").

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
I guess this is only relevant to Canadians, but Best Buy and Future Shop *never* have the same "bonuses"...
What about the Next Generation box sets? BB and FS both had the bonus disks for that. Or maybe the Canadian BB's didn't? All I know is FS had 'em up here, and BB did in the US.

I don't think there are that many BB's in Canada. (I know there aren't any in Calgary. Been to one in Toronto I believe.)

But really, who cares? So long as we can GET the bonus disc somewhere up here in the frozen north... I'm a happy fedora-wearin' camper. ;)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yeah, I meant BB in Canada, never the same bonuses as FS...I guess they are trying different marketing strategies since it's the same company. Read an article recently about their Canadian ops, they say FS customers are "higher end" than BB customers and shop differently...weird, FS always has equal or lower prices than BB for the same thing...think about it based on their statement that FS has higher end customers, which I guess also means smarter.

Anyway, preordered my set at the FS store today, no bonus DVD with online pre-orders, it's something you have to pick up in person apparently.

Trevor H

Second Unit
This is going to be a problem for me because the Indy set will have bilingual covers here in Canada. So I am going to have to choose between getting the bonus disc but having to take bilingual packaging or ordering it from the US and getting the proper packaging but no bonus disc. :angry:

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
^ you just have to pay a $10 deposit at your local Futureshop. They'll print out a receipt which you'll have to show them when you purchase Indiana Jones. The $10 is refundable.

Greg Madsen

Second Unit
This is going to be a problem for me because the Indy set will have bilingual covers here in Canada. So I am going to have to choose between getting the bonus disc but having to take bilingual packaging or ordering it from the US and getting the proper packaging but no bonus disc.
I actually think that these won't have bilingual covers. I know the studio usually does but dvdsoon is listing separate "v.f." editions which usuall means that the regulare editions are do not have bilingual covers. I am hoping anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks