What's new

Indiana Jones bonus dvd at Future Shop (1 Viewer)

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
the bonus disc is the one with the goodies that is supposed to be part of the box set, the 4th disc ?

Ian

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
No it looks like it's a Futureshop exclusive. I'm betting it's the "Making of..." and/or "Great Movie Stunts..." docs. I'm jealous.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Have you noticed that over the last month FS has had lots of $5 off the set deals if you buy such and such a DVD. Actually, they have a card that notes how many $5 off purchases you made, so you could save quite a bit off this set.

CraigL

Screenwriter
What the hell is Future Shop???

They surely cannot be the ONLY ones with this bonus DVD.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be surprised if this pops up at Best Buy and Musiclands and Suncoasts, too. Best Buy bought out the Musicland Group a couple years ago, and Future Shop, Musicland, Sam Goody, Suncoast, all those properties are now Best Buy owned. And apparently Lucasfilm has some kind of deal with them--I think this is going to end up being kind of like the "Artoo Under the Dome" deal that happened with Episode II--Best Buy got to distribute that with copies of Episode II, and you could only find that mockumentary at Best Buy or Musicland Group chain stores. So it makes sense that a Future Shop ad would be touting this 5th disc. I bet you the closer we get to release date, we're going to get Best Buy and Suncoast ads saying the same thing as this Future Shop ad.

As if Best Buy's pricing wasn't enough incentive to get me to shop there...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The Musicland group is not owned by Best Buy anymore; they were sold a couple months ago to noone I've ever heard of before; the name escapes me. Bonus discs that were already in-the-pipe to them were fulfilled, but they should NOT get the Indy bonus disc. I'm pretty sure they won't.

Best Buy and BB-owned Canadian chain Futureshop should be the only folks who get this bonus disc. Info does not seem to be posted to either chain's website yet.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad to hear this'll be available at Best Buy. I saw the ad in Vancouver this week, and was wishing I'd be able to get it stateside.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Wow, they got sold AGAIN? Odd. Wonder why it made almost no noise--the inital purchase by Best Buy made business page news all over. I musta been sleeping or something. Oh well, as long as this disc gets to Best Buy, I'm all good. I could care less about the musicland group--I used to work at a Sam Goody, I hope the whole franchise rots in hell. ;)

Real Name
Anthony
I wonder if this is the Making Of that was included with a VHS box set over here. I've got this on tape if it is and it's really excellent.
But this should surely be available to everyone, shouldn't it ? Instead a little back-street deal has been made between Lucasfilm / Paramount and this retailer. This is the kind of cynical gesture that fuels all the griping about DVD releases.
And overhere, we've got no chance of getting it. Thanks.:angry:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hey, modern economics! Best Buy does alot of this sort of shit. Usually the bonus discs aren't to expansive though. Should be interesting to see.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I hope Best Buy gets this bonus disc. I've never seen the docs before, but I almost shelled out $12 for them on VHS at Amazon.com a few months ago.

It'd be even sweeter if by some magical touch, the bonus disc also included the documentaries for Temple of Doom and Last Crusade! ;)

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
The ad describes the DVD as a "classic featurette", so I'm assuming it will be some short "making of" or puff piece that previously appeared somewhere else. Aren't the Best Buy bonus discs usually nothing special? (I've never gotten one)

earl_roberts

Stunt Coordinator
What was the South Park one like? This Indy DVD'll probably only be about 30 mins long, NOT THAT I CAN GET IT OR ANYTHING!!!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
IIRC, the Die Another Day DVD at Best Buy came with a bonus disc with the "Bond Girls are Forever" documentary that lasted about an hour. So here's to hoping it has the "The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "Great Movie Stunts" specials which total about 100 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks