What's new

Import from one Outlook to another (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I just purchased a new computer for my wife and I have Outlook on the old hard drive and I want to import all the old information from it to the Outlook on her new system.

What files do I need to move over?

Thanks,
Parker

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
There's an import/export feature that will let you back up your data, but the easiest way is to just pull the oulook.pst file to the new PC.

Open Windows Explorer and click "tools" then "folder options" and click the "view" tab. Make sure the "show hidden files and folders" button is checked.

Then browse to

C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator(fill in user name)Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoft

Granted, I don't know what O/S you're using. This is the case if you've got 2000 or XP. 98 will be slightly different.

Find the file in the Microsoft folder called "outlook.pst" and copy it. Then you can simply replace the same file in the new installation of Outlook and open the file from inside the program. You'll probably have to go into the properties of the backed up file and make sure "read only" is not checked before you open it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks